Experience paragliding in Korea at the famous Danyang Para Village! Get up to 16% discount when you book here. (New users get extra ₩3,000 or $3 off first purchase 🎉)
- With stunning mountains and naturescapes, South Korea is one of the best countries to go paragliding.
- If you want to paraglide near Seoul, you can visit this site in Yongin, Gyeonggi-do.
- You can also go to Danyang Para Village, which is famous for its scenic naturescapes, or Boryeong, where you can take a glimpse of the Daecheon Beach as you fly!
- WAUG is the No. 1 activity booking platform from South Korea. If you’re not a member yet, download the app here today, sign up, and get the discount coupon for our new users!
Experience Paragliding in Korea
South Korea is a land blessed with breathtaking nature landscapes, and one of the ways you can take in these great sceneries is by soaring over them. In this blog, I’ll focus on the top paragliding destinations, including Danyang in Chungcheongbuk-do, Yongin and Yangpyeong in Gyeonggi-do, Pyeongchang in Gangwon-do, and Boryeong in Chungcheongnam-do. These are the 5 best paragliding spots in Korea that experienced paragliders will enjoy but are also suitable for first-timers!
1. Paragliding in Danyang (Chungcheongbuk-do)
Let’s begin with the most popular place for paragliding: Danyang! This is a town that’s located in the province of Chungcheongbuk (North Chungcheong), which is accessible from Seoul via train and bus. The reason why Danyang is considered to be the best spot is because of its Eight Vistas (or “Eight Great Views of Danyang”), which is a collection of 8 mountain peaks and rock formations that look stunning in spring, summer, fall, and winter. There’s no other place in Korea that can offer such an expansive and remarkable view, so if you’re thinking about trying tandem paragliding, this is definitely the place!
If you want to experience tandem paragliding in Danyang, you can book Danyang Para Village here starting at ₩75,000 or $67 per person (from regular price of ₩89,000 or $79). The nice thing about this ticket option is that it will give you free pick-up from Danyang City and discounts to nearby attractions, like Danyang ATV and Janghoenaru Cruise Ship. To see the full list of benefits, click here. To get an idea of what it’s like soaring over Danyang, also watch this clip:
Danyang Para Village is located in 246-6 Sapyeong-ri, Gagok-myeon, Danyang-gun, Chungcheongbuk-do. They are open from 9am-6pm.
2. Paragliding in Boryeong (Chungcheongnam-do)
Boryeong, which is located 2 hours away from Seoul, may be more popular as the place where the country’s mud festival happens, but it’s also an ideal destination for paragliding in South Korea. During spring, summer, and autumn, you’ll soar over a picturesque stretch of land, but the greatest thing about paragliding here is getting to see (and maybe even glide above) Daecheon beach!
You can book various paragliding experiences in Boryeong on WAUG here, but here’s a summary of the options for a quick reference:
- Standard Paragliding (recommended for beginners)
- Extreme Paragliding (high-level flying)
- VIP & Couple (tandem flying, self-flying, vicinity flight, ascent flight)
- Special Paragliding (high-level flying for more than 20 minutes)
- Sunset Paragliding
Price starts at ₩100,000 or $86, before any discounts from WAUG. This is a package that includes a convenient pick-up service in Seoul, and you can find out more about it below:
3. Paragliding in Yongin (Gyeonggi-do)
Yongin is a great place to paraglide in whatever the season is. Year-round, it features lush naturescapes that impress, something that would make you fall in love with the country in an instant.
If you’re visiting the country for leisure and want to maximize your trip, I’d definitely recommend going to Yongin City since it’s also home to other attractions like Everland and the Korean Folk Village. Moreover, it is easily accessible via subway and bus, so you won’t have a hard time commuting to and fro.
There are two types of paragliding experiences in Yongin that you can book: the Regular Experience and the Extreme Experience. These are offered by seasoned paragliders from Sky Paragliding, who have many years of flight experience with first-timers. Price starts at ₩90,000 or $77, but you can book it below to get a discount:
4. Paragliding in Yangpyeong (Gyeonggi-do)
Another top paragliding spot in the Gyeonggi Province is located in Yangpyeong. This is a beautiful county that’s very accessible from Seoul via KTX. (The one-way fare from Seoul costs less than ₩9,000 or $8, and the travel time is less than 50 minutes!) The experience is offered by Yangpyeong Paragliding Park, which has the most number of national instructors in Korea. This means that if it’s your first time to do tandem paragliding, you’ll be in safe hands!
Paragliding in Yangpyeong starts at ₩110,000, and they have options for couples, pets (yes, fly with your dog!), and documentation (GoPro and photography). What I like about this activity is that it comes with free pick-up service from Asin Station, so you won’t have to worry about how to get to the actual Paragliding Park. This is definitely the perfect option to book for whenever you think about doing a spontaneous paragliding experience in Korea!
5. Paragliding in Pyeongchang (Gangwon-do)
Another place near Seoul where you can try paragliding in Korea is Pyeongchang in Gangwon-do. As you can see in the photo above and the Instagram video below, the spot looks great in summer and in winter. Gangwon is where Nami Island is located, so you may also want to take a side trip to the popular attraction if you’ll choose to visit this place.
Paragliding in Pyeongchang is typically priced at ₩100,000 or $86, but you can book the experience below for only ₩90,000 or $77.
How to Book Paragliding Experiences in Korea Online
- Log in or sign up for an account here. (Click the floating coupon to get an extra $3 or ₩3,000 discount coupon.)
- Visit the booking page of your preferred paragliding activity.
- Choose the date of your visit and provide the other information.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX.*
- Wait for your voucher/s that we’ll send through the WAUG app, which you can download below:
*Is your method-of-payment issued in South Korea? You can switch the page’s currency to KRW so you can see other local payment options, like phone payment.
Featured image (R) from @imgy_