Boryeong is one of the most amazing places to visit for paragliding. Book a tour from Seoul at a discounted price here!
- With stunning mountains and naturescapes, South Korea is one of the best places to go paragliding.
- If you want to paraglide near Seoul, you can visit this site in Yongin, Gyeonggi-do.
- You can also consider going to Boryeong, where you can take a glimpse of the Daecheon Beach as you fly in the sky! Book this package that comes with a convenient pick-up service from Seoul.
Experience Paragliding in Korea
South Korea is a land blessed with breathtaking nature landscapes, and one of the ways you can take in these great sceneries is by soaring over them. In this blog, I’ll focus on the top paragliding destinations near Seoul, which include Yongin in Gyeonggi-do, Pyeongchang in Gangwon-do, and Boryeong in Chungcheong. However, if you’ve already made up your mind about visiting Danyang, Busan, or Jeju Island (which is where they shot the pivotal scene in Crash Landing on You), then let me say that they’re equally amazing paragliding spots in South Korea and you’ll surely have a great time!
1. Paragliding in Boryeong (Chungcheong)
Boryeong, which is located 2 hours away from Seoul, may be more popular as the place where the country’s mud festival happens, but it’s also an ideal destination for paragliding in South Korea. During spring, summer, and autumn, you’ll soar over a picturesque stretch of land, but the greatest thing about paragliding here is getting to see (and maybe even glide above) Daecheon beach!
You can book various paragliding experiences in Boryeong on WAUG here, but here’s a summary of the options for a quick reference:
- Standard Paragliding (recommended for beginners)
- Extreme Paragliding (high-level flying)
- VIP & Couple (tandem flying, self-flying, vicinity flight, ascent flight)
- Special Paragliding (high-level flying for more than 20 minutes)
- Sunset Paragliding
Price starts at ₩100,000 or $86, before any discounts from WAUG. This is a package that includes a convenient pick-up service in Seoul, and you can find out more about it below:
2. Paragliding in Yongin (Gyeonggi-do)
Yongin is a great place to paraglide in whatever the season is. Year-round, it features lush naturescapes that impress, something that would make you fall in love with the country in an instant.
If you’re visiting the country for leisure and want to maximize your trip, I’d definitely recommend going to Yongin City since it’s also home to other attractions like Everland and the Korean Folk Village. Moreover, it is easily accessible via subway and bus, so you won’t have a hard time commuting to and fro.
There are two types of paragliding experiences in Yongin that you can book: the Regular Experience and the Extreme Experience. These are offered by seasoned paragliders from Sky Paragliding, who have many years of flight experience with first-timers. Price starts at ₩90,000 or $77, but you can book it below to get a discount:
3. Paragliding in Pyeongchang (Gangwon-do)
Another place near Seoul where you can try paragliding in Korea is Pyeongchang in Gangwon-do. As you can see in the photo above and the Instagram video below, the spot looks great in summer and in winter. Gangwon is where Nami Island is located, so you may also want to take a side trip to the popular attraction if you’ll choose to visit this place.
Paragliding in Pyeongchang is typically priced at ₩100,000 or $86, but you can book the experience below for only ₩90,000 or $77.
How to Book Paragliding Experiences in Korea Online
- Log in or sign up for an account here. (Click the floating coupon to get an extra $3 or ₩3,000 discount coupon.)
- Visit the booking page of your preferred paragliding activity.
- Choose the date of your visit and provide the other information.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX.*
- Wait for your voucher/s that we’ll send through the WAUG app, which you can download here.
*Is your method-of-payment issued in South Korea? You can switch the page’s currency to KRW so you can see the other local payment options, like phone payment.