Experience tandem paragliding in Yangpyeong at a discount when you book here! (First time to use WAUG? You’ll get an extra ₩3,000 or $3 discount coupon after signing up 🎉)
- Paragliding in Yangpyeong is a popular activity among locals who are looking for a quick and exciting weekend getaway.
- The park is easily accessible from Seoul via bus and train, and the trip takes only an hour on average!
- You can book the basic tandem paragliding package here starting at ₩110,000 or $101. Other options include a dynamic video and photo shooting course as well as paragliding with your dog!
- WAUG (와그) is the No. 1 activity platform from Korea that you can use to book experiences, restaurants, and attractions. If you’re not a member yet, download the app here now, sign up, and get the discount coupon for new users! 🥳
Soar Over Yangpyeong: Paragliding Experience to Remember
But first, why Yangpyeong? While there are a couple of paragliding parks in Korea such as Danyang and Yongin, many prefer visiting Yangpyeong Paragliding Park in Gyeonggi-do since it is very near Seoul. By bus or train, it only takes about an hour to get to Asin Station (Yangpyeong-gun), which is perfect if you want to spend less time commuting and have more time to enjoy your day!
As for the actual experience, first-time paragliders and enthusiasts alike just love flying over Yangpyeong’s landscapes! The take-off point is Mt. Yumyeong or Yumyeongsan, which is 2,800 ft high. The altitude offers a nice 15-minute view of the suburbs and the mountain range, so you’ll definitely feel overwhelmed in amazement as you soar in the sky for 15 minutes! Here are more photos and posts to help you visualize what’s it like to paraglide in Yangpyeong:
Oh, and Yangpyeong Paragliding Park is open year-round, which means that you can experience flying here in winter, spring, summer, or fall!
Paragliding in Yangpyeong: Packages, Deal, & Tips
If you’re ready to visit Yangpyeong Paragliding Park, then check out the following packages to help you plan your trip:
1. Paragliding Packages
|OPTION||PRICE ON WAUG||FOR NEW WAUG USERS 🥳|
|1. Basic Downhill Course|
(Standard tandem paragliding)
|2. Dynamic Shooting Course|
(Basic Downhill Course +
|3. Basic Downhill Course for Couples|
(Fly side-by-side with your +1!)
|4. Dynamic Shooting Course for Couples||₩150,000|
|5. Upward Shooting Course||₩170,000|
|6. Dynamic Shooting Course with Pet Dog|
(Fly with your pet!)
As you can see, new WAUG users get an extra ₩3,000 or $3 off on any of the Yangpyeong paragliding packages above! (Note that the coupon applies to the total purchase and not per package.) Not a WAUG member yet? Sign up below to receive the new user discount coupon! 🎉
2. Yangpyeong Paragliding Package Inclusions
- All packages come with a free pick-up and drop-off service from Asin Station in the Gyeongui-Jungang Line. You’ll then be taken to the Yangpyeong Paragliding Park directly.
- Inclusive of safety equipment and pre-flight training session.
- Those who will book the Dynamic Shooting Course will receive their GoPro and photo files straight to their phone!
3. Seoul to Asin Station
If you plan to take the complimentary pick-up service from Asin Station, here are the navigation links from Google and Naver:
- Google Maps search result for Seoul Station to Asin Station
- Naver Map search result for Seoul Station to Asin Station
- Please wear pants and other clothing according to season. For comfort, please avoid wearing shorts, sandals, or high heels.
- The pilots can speak in English and Korean.
- Weight limit for participants: 20-110kg
How to Book Yangpyeong Paragliding Tickets on WAUG
In case you’re unsure how to purchase a paragliding package online, here are the 5 simple steps:
- Log in or sign up for WAUG here. (New users get an extra $3 or ₩3,000 discount! 🎉)
- Click here to go to the booking page of Yangpyeong Paragliding.
- Select the date, package, and time. To avail the free pick-up from Asin Station, type in Yes in the Input Additional Option field.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX.*
- Wait for your voucher/s that we’ll send through the WAUG app, which you can download below.
*Is your method-of-payment issued in South Korea? You can switch the page’s currency to KRW to activate the local card processor and see other payment options, like Naver Pay, Kakao Pay, and mobile payment!
Featured images from @hanming_91 and @daksoo1007 on Instagram.