- Tandem paragliding in Danyang is one of the best experiences that South Korea has to offer.
- Aside from the thrill that comes from being up in the air, you can enjoy the town’s impressive naturescapes called the “Eight Vistas” or the “Eight Great Views”.
- Tickets for Danyang paragliding cost ₩89,000 or $79 per person, but you can book here starting at ₩75,000 or $67. (New members get extra ₩3,000 or $3 off first booking! 🎉)
- WAUG (와그) is the No. 1 travel activity booking platform from South Korea. If you’re not a member yet, download the app here, sign up, and get the discount coupon for new users!
Explore more: 5 Fun Things to Do in Gyeonggi-do That You Mustn’t Miss
What It’s Like to Go Tandem Paragliding in Danyang
If you’ve experienced paragliding before, then you know how light and comfortable it feels to be up in the sky. The feeling of anxiety just gradually vanishes mid-air, only to be replaced by delight that comes from the fact that you’re flying and/or the desire to do it again.
In Danyang, that feeling of enjoyment will be multiplied twice! As the best place for paragliding in Korea, you can very well expect to feel in awe as you soar over the county’s most scenic landscapes. It doesn’t matter if you go on a trip in spring, summer, autumn or winter; the view will impress any time of year!
But what exactly is in Danyang that you can see from above? Among many things, there are eight famous mountain peaks and rock formations that you can look forward to. Collectively, they’re known as the Eight Vistas of Danyang, and they consist of the following:
- Dodam Sambong (or 3 Peak Island)
- Seokmun (Stone Gate)
To help you get a much better idea of how the place looks, check out these videos:
The next one features children as they’re about to enjoy Danyang paragliding!
Plan Your Danyang Paragliding Trip
If you’ve decided to go on your first trip to Danyang, allow me to say that you’re making one of the best decisions of your life! Here are some notes to help you plan your paragliding adventure:
1. Danyang Paragliding Ticket Price
The place to go paragliding in Danyang is called Danyang Para Village, which you may know if you’ve seen the KBS reality-variety show called 2 Days & 1 Night. They offer the experience at a regular cost of ₩89,000 or $79 per person, but you can book here with up to 16% discount. Yes, that lowers it down to just ₩75,000 or $67 per ticket! (For reference, the average cost of paragliding in Korea is ₩85,000 or $74.) What’s more is that if it’s your first time to use our platform, you will get an additional ₩3,000 or $3 coupon that you can use to reduce the costs further! 🥳
But before you get your paragliding tickets, do take note of these two important things: (1) same-day booking is not available, but you can book tickets at least one day in advance; and (2) you’d have to call to confirm your time slot after booking. Since Danyang Para Village is quite popular, they have these policies to ensure that they can accommodate travelers. Get more information and contact details when you click the button below:
2. Creating Your Danyang Itinerary: Complete Paragliding Tour
Below I shared the ways to get to Danyang from Seoul, but suffice it to say at this point that you’d want to maximize your journey. Aside from the awesome flight experience, there are other activities in the town that you can enjoy, such as riding an ATV, exploring the Gosu Cave, and seeing the Eight Vistas aboard the Janghoenaru Cruise Ship. Of course, if you want to spend more time exploring the locale, you can also stay overnight or a couple of days at the Danyang Para Village Pension or the Danyang Mountain Pension.
The good news is that your Danyang paragliding ticket has added benefits, which include discounts to the activities and accommodations that I mentioned! Here’s the list:
- Danyang ATV Rental: Get ₩20,000 discount per person
- Janghoenaru Cruise Ship: ₩2,000 discount
- Para Village Pension: 20% discount (not offered during peak dates or from July 27-August 15)
- Danyang Mountain Pension: 20% discount
- Danyang City and Gosu Cave free pick-up
- Complimentary menu from affiliate restaurants near Danyang Para Village
How to Book Danyang Paragliding Tickets
In case you’re unsure how to purchase tickets online, here are the 5 simple steps:
- Log in or sign up for WAUG here. (New users get an extra $3 or ₩3,000 discount! 🎉)
- Click here to go to the booking page of Danyang Paragliding.
- Select the date and provide other participant information.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX.
- Wait for your voucher/s that we’ll send through the WAUG app, which you can download below.
Is your method-of-payment issued in South Korea? You can switch the page’s currency to KRW to activate the local card processor and see other payment options!
Seoul to Danyang: Ways to Get to Danyang Para Village
For public transportaton, you can get to Danyang from Seoul easily in two ways: via train or bus. The travel time is less than 3 hours if you take train and less than 4 hours by bus. Here are the links to help you find your way:
- Seoul to Danyang by bus: Google Maps or Naver Map (around ₩14,500-18,000)
- Seoul to Danyang by train (Korail): Google Maps or Naver Map (around ₩11,000-16,000)
If you’ll drive, here’s the address for Danyang Para Village or 단양패러마을 : 246-6 Sapyeong-ri, Gagok-myeon, Danyang-gun, Chungcheongbuk-do (충청북도 단양군 가곡면 사평리 246-6)
They are open from 9am-6pm.
Enjoy your paragliding experience!
If you want to consider other places where you can paraglide in Korea, check out this article: Where to Go Paragliding in Korea: Best Spots & Packages