Aside from the following things to do in Gyeonggi-do, you can discover and book exciting attractions here! (New users get extra ₩3,000 or $3 off first booking 🎉)
The province surrounding Seoul. This is what the province of Gyeonggi-do (경기도) means. Though many foreigners think of it as the home of Everland, the Garden of Morning Calm, and the DMZ, Gyeonggi-do is a place that’s so much more. Aside from its impressive lakes, mountains, and seas — which do not fail to delight! — the province also offers nature-themed activities that you can enjoy in any season.
If you’re planning your itinerary, whether as an expat in Korea or a foreign traveler, consider any of these top things to do in Gyeonggi so you can get a sense of what it’s all about.
Best Things to Do in Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Every second is a highlight. I’m pretty sure that you’ll realize this when you experience any of the following activities in Gyeonggi-do! Not only will you have so much fun, but you’ll also be delighted as you witness some of the most stunning naturescapes in the country. Here are some of the activities to add into your itinerary:
1. Bungee Jumping in River Land
Let’s start with something that thrill-seekers and nature-lovers love: bungee jumping in Gyeonggi-do! As you may realize from the photo below, this is, no doubt, one of the places to bungee jump in Korea. The 32-feet lake is more than just a beauty; it’s actually used as a natural safety mat for jumpers.
If you haven’t tried bungee jumping yet and are scared at the mere thought of it, don’t skip! This activity in Gyeonggi-do is also suitable for inexperienced bungee jumpers, so you won’t have to worry about anything. Just muster enough courage and take in the view!
- Ticket price: ₩40,000 or $35.6, but you can book below for only ₩22,000 or $20!
- Address: 2320, Yumyeong-ro, Seorak-myeon, Gapyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea
- Operating Hours: 7am-7pm. Open year-round.
2. Go-Kart in Gapyeong
If you’re traveling solo, as a couple, or with friends and family, this is one of the things to do in Gyeonggi-do that you don’t want to miss! Here, you can ride a 1-seater or a 2-seater go-kart and make your way around Gapyeong. As you feel the cool wind hit your face, you’ll be amazed by the scenic surrounds of the kart tracks. Definitely a fun way to see the naturescapes in Gyeonggi-do!
- Ticket price: ₩15,000 or $13.4, but you can book below for only ₩14,500 or $12.9!
- Address: 377-4 Imcho-ri, Sang-myeon, Gapyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do
- Operating Hours: 9am-6pm.
3. ATV in Daebudo Island
Now here’s a leveled-up experience from #2! Hop on an ATV and get to see the beauty of Daebudo Island, which is referred to as the Hawaii of Ansan. If you’re a beginner driver, you can book the 20-minute course that’ll let you get a feel of driving an ATV on the field. Once you get the hang of it, you can then book the 1-hour ATV experience that will let you drive along the island’s scenic coast!
- Ticket price: starts at ₩15,000 or $13.4, but you can book below for only ₩10,000 or $8.9!
- Address: 9-3 Daebubuk-dong, Danwon-gu, Ansan-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea
- Operating Hours: 9am-5pm
4. Paragliding in Yongin
See Gyeonggi-do’s vibrant sceneries from above! A perfect activity for spring, summer, and autumn, this paragliding experience will let you see the province’s lush terrain. Similar to the bungee jumping activity in this guide, this activity can be enjoyed by those who haven’t done paragliding before. Plus, for thrill-seekers, there’s an Extreme Package that you can book if you want more challenge!
- Ticket price: starts at ₩90,000 or $80, but you can book below for only ₩80,000 or $71!
- Address: 165 Choburo, Mohyeon-myeon, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Operating Hours: 9am-6pm
5. Light Flight Experience in Gyeonggi-do
Last, but definitely not least, flying experience in Gyeonggi-do! If you’re looking for a light flight training experience in Korea, then you can come to this place and marvel at the views of the province. Just take a look at the following photos taken in-flight:
The place to visit for light flight experience in Gyeonggi-do is called Sky Nuri. They offer various options for 1-4 people starting at ₩99,000 or $88. Here are more details:
- Address: 959-1 Hogok-li, Ujeong-eup, Hwasung-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea
- Operating Hours: 10am-5pm
How to Book Things to Do in Gyeonggi-do on WAUG
If you’re unfamiliar with booking activities online, just follow these 5 simple steps:
- Log in or sign up for WAUG here. (New users get an extra $3 or ₩3,000 discount! 🎉)
- Proceed to the booking page of preferred things to do in Gyeonggi, or find more here.
- Select the date and provide other participant information.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX.
- Wait for your voucher/s that we’ll send through the WAUG app, which you can download by clicking below:
Is your method-of-payment issued in South Korea? You can switch the page’s currency to KRW to activate the local card processor and see the other payment options!
Also read: Experience Glamping in Korea at Paradise Spa DOGO