Simplify your trip to the MBC Dae Jang Geum or Dramia Park when you book this round-trip transfer! (New users get ₩3,000 or $3 off first booking 🎉)
- MBC Dae Jang Geum Park, also known as MBC Dramia, is South Korea’s first historical drama theme park.
- The attraction is located in Yongin, Gyeonggi-do and is the actual filming location of popular shows, including Jewel in the Palace, Moon Embracing the Sun, Arang and the Magistrate, and The Emperor: Owner of the Mask.
- To get to MBC Dramia Park from Seoul, you can take two bus rides from Nambu Bus Terminal (takes around 2 hours), or book this dedicated roundtrip transfer (takes 1 hour and 10 minutes) that comes with admission tickets!
What to Expect When You Visit MBC Dae Jang Geum Park
I’m almost sure that, since you’re reading this blog, you’ve seen a lot of historical Korean dramas. It could be the popular Jewel in the Palace, which is based on the true story of royal physician Jang Geum, or Moon Embracing the Sun, a novel-based series starring Kim Soo Hyun and Han Ga-In.
If you wish to relive your favorite scenes or walk on the very grounds where your favorite actors did, then visit MBC Dae Jang Geum Park. This is Korea’s first drama attraction, which was originally built for filming various MBC shows and TV commercials. The theme park is located in Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do and is named after the character from Jewel in the Palace. Here’s what to expect:
1. Perfect replica of Korean palaces, villages, and more
Tour the set that looks exactly like the villages and palaces from The Three Kingdoms, Goryeo, and Joseon periods! But unlike a typical ‘set tour’, you’ll notice how there’s almost no video production equipment that can be found in MBC Dae Jang Geum Park (except when they’re filming, of course!). This really adds on to the experience, as if you’re just transported to history. (For many sites here, you’re free to walk in and take a closer look at the props!)
2. Celebrity Standees
But aside from the stunning set, you’ll also find celebrity standees in MBC Dramia Park. Make sure to have enough storage and battery juice on your phone ’cause you’ll want to take photos of and with them!
3. Hanbok Rental
At MBC Dae Jang Geum, there’s also a place where you can rent a hanbok. The rate starts at around ₩20,000 or $17, but it’ll really make you look natural in your photos, just like the ones above!
4. Cafe & Filming Crew
MBC Dae Jang Geum Park has an in-house cafe where you can get your cuppa joe (the vehicle transfer leaves early, so you’ll probably need to pop in!). You may also happen to walk in on a live filming (this happens from time to time), in which case you may spot an actor or two!
In the next section, we’ll show you the best way to go from Seoul to MBC Dae Jang Geum Park in Yongin. However, if you’re curious on which other movies and shows were actually filmed inside the park, here’s what I gathered:
- Haechi (Jung Il Woo, Go Ara, Kwon Yul, Park Hoon)
- The Crowned Clown (Yeo Jin Goo, Lee Se Young)
- The King in Love (Im Siwan, Im Yoon Ah)
- The Emperor: Owner of the Mask (Yoo Seung Ho, Kim So Hyun, L)
- Kang Chi, the Beginning (Lee Seung Gi, Bae Suzy, Choi Jin Hyuk)
- Arang and the Magistrate (Lee Joon Gi, Shin Min-a, Yeon Woo Jin)
- Moon Embracing the Sun (Kim Soo Hyun, Han Ga-In)
How to Get to MBC Dramia Park from Seoul
MBC Dae Jung Geum is located in Gyeonggi Province. You can easily make your way to this attraction by booking this round-trip vehicle transfer. It leaves from Lotte Hotel Seoul at 8:10am and will get you to MBC Dramia at 9:20am.
The regular price of this vehicle transfer is ₩45,000 or $39.6, but you can book on WAUG here for only ₩40,000 or $35.2! The rate covers the cost of roundtrip transportation as well as admission tickets. (If you’re not a WAUG user yet, you can sign up below to get an extra ₩3,000 or $3 off your first booking! 🎉)
If you plan to visit MBC Dae Jang Geum Park on your own, then you can also check out this Google Maps search.
How to Book Yongin MBC Dae Jang Geum Transfer from Seoul
WAUG is the No. 1 activity booking platform from Korea. If you’re unfamiliar with booking activities online, here are the easy steps to follow:
- Log in or sign up for an account here. (New users get $3 off first booking!)
- Proceed to the Yongin MBC Dae Jang Geum Park page here.
- Choose the date of your visit and provide the other information.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX.
- Wait for your voucher/s that we’ll send through the WAUG app, which you can download here.
Is your method-of-payment issued in South Korea? You can switch the page’s currency to KRW so you can see the other local payment options, like phone payment.
Map, Entrance Fee, Address, & Hours
MBC Dae Jang Geum Park is located in 778-1 Yongcheon-ri, Baegam-myeon, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do. From March to October, they are open from 9am-6pm. During winter (November through February), they close an hour early.
The MBC Dramia Park transfer on WAUG already comes with admission tickets, but if you’re looking to know the regular entrance fee, it’ll be ₩9,500 or $8.16.
Finally, if you want to have a handy map and brochure of MBC Dae Jang Geum Park, you can access it here.