Best Adventure & Outdoor Activities in Korea
If you want to explore Korea’s great outdoors, there are many activities that you can try for a fun and fulfilling getaway. Aside from hiking, you can go paragliding in Danyang, surfing in Yangyang, or have an overnight car camping in Gangwon-do or Gyeonggi-do. These are activities that you can plan for and book easily, so all you have to do is pick a day or two for your escapade. Check out the list below for more information:
1. Bungee Jumping in Inje
Located 2.5 hours away from Seoul is an outdoor adventure resort called XGAME, which houses Korea’s highest bungee jumping facility. It rose to popularity after BTS took on the fun but nerve-racking challenge, which is similar to leaping off a 22-story building! The site offers a nice view of Naerincheon, the only river in the country that runs north. If you’d like to experience this outdoor activity in Korea, regardless of whether you have tried bungee jumping before or not (it’s suitable for beginners!), go ahead and book a ticket at a discounted price below!
- Price: ₩45,000 on WAUG (vs. regular price of ₩50,000)
- Address: 2254, Seorak-ro, Inje-eup, Inje-gun, Gangwon-do, Republic of Korea
- Hours: 9am-5pm
First time to book on WAUG? You’ll get an extra ₩3,000 discount coupon that you can use on your first booking! 🎉
2. Paragliding in Danyang
Get to see South Korea’s prized scenic landscapes in Danyang as you soar over the sky! The county in North Chungcheong Province has a collection of natural attractions called the Eight Vistas, which consist of impressive peaks and jagged rock formations. The best way to take in all the beauty of Danyang is by flying over it, so if you ever want to try paragliding in Korea for a fun outdoor activity, make sure to consider visiting this place!
- Price: ₩75,000 on WAUG (vs. regular price of ₩89,000)
- Address: 246-6, Sapyeong-ri, Gagok-myeon, Danyang-gun, Chungcheongbuk-do
- Hours: 9am-6pm
3. Seaside Luge in Ganghwado
Experience a thrilling gravity-fueled fun in Ganghwa Seaside Resort! The attraction, located in Ganghwagun, Incheon, houses one of the longest luge tracks in Asia. The experience starts with a scenic gondola ride to the top of the mountain and will be followed by the mega luge experience that’s filled with twists and turns! As you race your way down, you’ll get to breathe in fresh mountain air and marvel at the nature that transforms in season.
- Price: starts at ₩13,900 on WAUG (vs. regular price of ₩15,000)
- Address: 4-15, Seondu-ri, Gilsang-myeon, Ganghwa-gun, Incheon, Republic of Korea
- Hours: 10am-5pm from Nov-Feb and 10am-6pm from Mar-Oct
4. Surfing in Yangyang
Yangyang, an emerging tourist destination in South Korea, is called the “mecca for surfers”. The county in Gangwondo is home to the beautiful Jukdo Beach, which is a surfing spot that you can visit year-round. During summer, the waves are mild and the number of visitors is high, but if you’re really into surfing, come visit Yangyang during winter season when there are less people and the waves are larger!
- Price: starts at ₩65,000 on WAUG (vs. regular price of ₩80,000)
- Address: Mango Surf, 97 Ingujungang-gil, Hyeonnam-myeon, Yangyang-gun, Gangwon-do, Republic of Korea
- Hours: 9am-8pm
5. Car Camping in Korea
For our final outdoor activity recommendation, we have car camping in Korea! Unlike the previous ones listed, this one is more relaxing and chill. The concept is simple: drive to a good camping spot and convert your vehicle into your own tent — no pricey rental fees required! We’ve published a detailed guide about this healing outdoor activity in Korea here, but you can also click below to see the car camping packages that you can book online:
- Price: starts at ₩129,000 on WAUG (vs. regular price of ₩200,000)
- Address: 355 Achasan-ro, Gwangjin-gu, Seoul (for SUV pick-up)
- Hours: 9am-6pm (for SUV pick-up)