Where to Go Snow Tubing & Sledding in Korea
Aside from skiing and snowboarding, two other ways that you can enjoy the winter season in South Korea is by sledding and snow tubing. If you’d like to spend some time with your friends and family, these are the perfect activities to book — no skills or lessons required! With a sled or a snow tube, you and your group can slide down the pristine slopes and make the most of the season. Here are the sledding ranges near Seoul that you can visit:
1. Vivaldi Park Snowy Land in Gangwon-do
Located inside Vivaldi Park, Snowy Land is a fun winter attraction that’s very accessible from Seoul. They have a huge Rafting Sled Park, which features multi-seater sleds that are suitable for friends and family! They also have snow tubing slopes for kids, so everyone can enjoy their time here! But aside from sledding, Snowy Land in Vivaldi Park also has a food court, Igloo-themed resting areas, Pororo-themed zones, and a lot of mini-attractions, so you can look forward to a very exciting winter day trip here!
All-day tickets for Snowy Land in Hongcheon Vivaldi Park regularly cost ₩43,000 each, but you can book on WAUG here for only ₩30,900! (New WAUG user? You’ll get an extra ₩3,000 or $3 discount coupon after signing up. 🎉)
- Address: 262, Hanchigol-gil, Seomyeon, Hongcheon-gun, Gangwon-do
- Getting there: Take the free shuttle bus from Seoul. More details here.
- Hours (The rafting sled park closes at 4:30pm):
- All-day Ticket: 10am-8pm
- Afternoon Ticket: 1-8pm
2. Elysian Gangchon Snow Hill & Fun Park in Gangwon-do
The other sledding spot in Korea that we’d like to recommend is in Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort. It’s called Snow Hill & Fun Park, which is perfect for adults and children alike! Elysian’s slopes are quite popular among skiers and snowboarders because they’re well-maintained, so if you’ll visit here for sledding, you’ll definitely have some serious fun!
Admission to Snow Hill & Fun Park sledding range regularly costs ₩20,000 on weekdays and ₩24,000 on weekends. However, you can book on WAUG here starting at only ₩12,000!
- Address: 688 Bukhangangbyeon-gil, Namsan-myeon, Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do (1 hour away from Seoul)
- Getting there: Take the ITX Cheongchun or Gyeongchun Line train to Baegyang-ri Station
- Hours (Each ticket is good for 3 hours)
- Morning: 09:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Afternoon A: 12:00 PM – 15:00 PM
- Afternoon B: 15:00 PM -18:00 PM
3. Jungbu Country Club Sledding Range in Gonjiam, Gyeonggi-do
The first on our list is Jungbu Country Club (Jungbu CC/중부 CC). This is an attraction in Gyeonggi-do that’s only 1.5 hours away from Seoul, which means that you’ll spend less time commuting and have more for fun! They have sledding ranges for adults, kids, and infants, so whether you’ll visit as a group of friends or family, everyone can definitely have a safe and exciting time! The country club also has different types of sleds like plastic, traditional ice, and tubes, which you can all experience on your visit. Moreover, they also have amusement facilities (like smelt-catching!) and dining outlets!
You can book sledding tickets for Jungbu Country Club on WAUG for only ₩4,900-9,900 per person. For an additional fee of ₩4,000, you can upgrade to their Sledding + Smelt-Catching package, which is perfect for kids!
- Address: San 28-6, Konjiam-ri, Silchon-eup, Gwangju-si, Gyeonggi-do (1.5 hours away from Seoul on average)
- Hours: 10am-5pm on weekdays and 9:30am-5pm on weekends
How to Book Snow Tubing & Sledding Ranges in Korea on WAUG
If you’re unfamiliar with booking attractions and activities online, just follow these steps:
- Log in or sign up for an account here.
- Proceed to the booking page of your preferred sledding or snow tubing attraction.
- Select the date and quantity.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX. (Switch the currency to KRW to see other options like Naver Pay and mobile payment.)
- Wait for your voucher on the WAUG app, which you can download below: