Thinking of applying for a Korean visa in Cebu? Take note of these steps!
- Aside from engaging the services of a travel agency, tourist visa applicants also have the option to do a walk-in application at the Consulate of Korea in Cebu.
- The diplomatic office accept requirements from 9am-11am on weekdays and follow a first-come, first-served policy. No appointment or reservation is needed.
- As of February 1, 2020, Korean visa processing in Cebu takes 15 business days.
- If you would like to check the status of your application, you may use the Korea Visa Portal.
- If you’re already planning your trip, consider booking this mobile Discover Seoul Pass from WAUG — Korea’s #1 travel activity booking platform!
Does the Consulate of Korea in Cebu accept walk-in visa applicants?
Just to make it clear — yes, they do! While the Embassy of Korea in Metro Manila no longer accepts tourist visa applications from walk-in’s, this is not the case for the Consulate in Cebu. You may apply for a tourist visa without having to transact with any of the designated travel agencies, which means you get to save some money on processing fees! Here are the steps:
How to Apply for a Korean Visa in Cebu
Once you have all the requirements ready, expect the process to be quick at the Consulate. If you are still in the process of preparing the documents, you may refer to these guides:
1. Submit your application in the morning
The Korean Consulate in Cebu processes tourist visa applications from walk-in’s on weekdays (Monday through Friday) at 9-11am. No appointment is necessary, but you are instructed to come before 10:30am to allow sufficient time for processing. (They operate on a first-come, first-served basis so I suggest coming in shortly before 9am.)
Once you arrive, you will be given a queue number. Proceed to the window when you’re called, and hand in your Korean visa requirements for evaluation. (The wait time shouldn’t take long!)
If the documents are accepted by the visa officer at the Consulate, you will be given a slip that shows the tentative release date of your passport. It will serve as your claim stub, so do not lose this!
In case the officer asks you to supply other documents, you may still submit them in the afternoon, if not the following day.
2. Wait and check the status of your application online
Starting February 1, 2020, all Korean visa applications in Cebu will be processed in 15 business days. This may change in the future, so make sure to check the updates regularly.
If you cannot wait to know the result of your Korean visa application, you may check online by following these steps.
3. Claim your passport
When your passport is ready for release (check the date on your stub!), you may pick it up at the Korean Consulate anytime from 2-4pm.
You are advised to collect your passport personally in case they need to ask you some questions.
How much does the Consulate in Cebu charge for Korean visa processing?
If you plan to stay in South Korea as a tourist for 59 days or less (as indicated in your Korean visa application form), you will not have to pay any processing fees to the Consulate. (It’s free!)
However, Filipinos who will travel to Korea for 60-90 days or 2-3 months will have to pay a fee of ₱2,000. The same amount will be charged to most foreign nationals who will apply directly to the Korean Consulate in Cebu regardless if their intended period of stay is below 59 days or less.
Can someone else submit my application requirements at the Korean Consulate in Cebu?
If you cannot personally pass your Korean visa requirements in Cebu, you may ask someone else to do it for you as long as you have the complete set of documents. No letter of authorization is needed.
Moreover, if you and your immediate family members (spouse, parent, and/or child) will apply for a Korean visa, only one representative is needed to submit the requirements. Just make sure that all applications will be submitted at the same time and at the same window.
Plan your Korea itinerary and discover exciting activities in Cebu!
After submitting your Korean visa application at the Cebu Consulate, do check out WAUG to plan a spontaneous staycation or an international trip! Here are some of the activities that you may consider for a local weekend getaway:
- Cebu to Bohol OceanJet Ferry
- Cebu Ocean Park
- Buffet at Feria Radisson Blu Hotel
- Massage at Amuma Spa Maribago Bluewater Resort
- WAUG Pink One Piece Hopping Tour
Of course, if you’re looking for some recommendations for your upcoming trip to Korea, consider the following:
- Everland Shuttle Bus Ticket (Round-trip)
- Hanbok & Wedding Cafe
- K-Pop Dance Experience
- AREX Incheon Airport Railroad Express One-Way Ticket
- Incheon Airport Private Pick-Up Service
Warning for All South Korea Visa Applicants
The Embassy reminds that the following unruly and unlawful actions will result in denial of visa issuance for three (3) years:
- Ranting, profanity, threatening, throwing objects at the consular staff, and/or imposing undue influence and power
- Providing false statements
- Submitting falsified documents
- Altering original documents
If you decide to push through with your walk-in application at the Consulate of Korea in Cebu, make sure to be in your best behavior and supply only true and verifiable information in your application.
Address & Contact Number: Consulate of Korea in Cebu
Here is the address of the Consulate of Korea in Cebu: 12th Floor, Chinabank Corporate Center, Lot 2, Samar Loop cor. Road 5, Cebu Business Park, Mabolo, Cebu City, Philippines 6000
To get the contact details of the Consulate, visit their website here. In case you want to view a list of Cebu-based travel agencies that are designated to process Korean visa applications, click here.
All the best!
We hope your Korean visa application at the Cebu Consulate goes well. If you’ve any input to share to other travelers, feel free to leave a comment below.