Until December 31, 2019, eligible BPI credit cardholders may get a multiple-entry Korean visa!
- If you have a BPI Gold Mastercard or a BPI Gold Debit Card (among others), you can submit a tourist application and get a multiple-entry Korean visa.
- Standard required documents like the ITR and Bank Certificate will be waived for you.
- However, prepare a copy of the front side of your eligible BPI credit card as well as your recent Statements of Account, together with other basic Korean visa requirements.
- This BPI Korean visa promotion is valid from January 1 to December 31, 2019. (However, a similar promotion for select BDO credit cardholders is extended to 2022!)
- To get the most out of your trip, book your tours and travel essentials using WAUG — Korea’s #1 travel activity booking platform! Check out the experiences that you can have in Seoul, Busan, Tokyo, and more cities using the app here.
UPDATE: June 13, 2020
Who can I apply for a Korean visa? To prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the Philippines currently only accepts applications for long-term visas. Tourist visa processing (C-3) is still on hold pending the easing of travel restrictions in the Philippines.
What are the enhanced visa criteria? Those who are eligible to apply for a Korean visa must comply to these requirements and mandatory quarantine. Moreover, successful applicants will no longer be issued a visa sticker in their passport beginning July 1. Upon arrival in South Korea, they must present a printed copy of their visa grant notice instead.
What if I have a valid Korean visa? Single-entry Korean visas that were issued on or before April 5, 2020 are no longer valid. You will need to apply for a new one. However, if you have a valid short-term multiple-entry Korean visa (5 years), you do not have to reapply. Conditions permitting, it can still be used in the future. For reference, you can read the Embassy’s detailed explanation here.
BPI Credit Cards That Qualify for the Korean Visa Promo in 2019
From January 1 to December 31, 2019, active principal and qualified supplementary BPI credit cardholders who will apply for a Korean visa will enjoy the following perks:
- Chance to get a multiple-entry Korean visa that’s valid for up to 5 years!
- Exemption from submitting financial documents, like the ITR and Bank Certificate
Here’s a list of the eligible BPI credit and debit cards:
- BPI Gold Mastercard
- BPI SkyMiles Platinum Mastercard
- BPI Amore Visa Platinum
- BPI Visa Signature Card
- BPI Gold Debit Card
Should you decide to participate in the BPI Korean visa promo, you acknowledge that certain personal credit account information may be disclosed to the Korean Embassy and you waive the right to the confidentiality of credit account information for purposes of issuance of any visa.
How to Apply for a Multiple-Entry Korean Visa with a BPI Card
Applying for a Korean visa with your premium BPI credit or debit card is similar to the process that regular Korean visa applicants (those not availing the promotion) take, except for the fact that you will not be required to submit your Income Tax Return (ITR) and Bank Certificate. Here are the steps:
1. Gather the Korean visa requirements
Here are the documents that you must submit:
- Application Form
- 1 Passport-size Photo
- Original Passport
- Photocopy of Passport Bio-page
- Original and photocopy of valid visa/s and arrival stamp/s to any OECD-member country from the past 5 years, if applicable
- Statement of Account (SOA) from the past 3 months
- Provide an original and photocopy of your original SOA.
- If you will print an electronic SOA, visit a nearby BPI branch to have it certified as a true copy.
- For BPI Gold Debit cardholders: Submit a screenshot of your BPI Online Account.
- Photocopy of the eligible credit card
- Submit a copy of the front side of your credit card. (Some travel agencies may request a colored copy.)
- Other applicable documents:
- For employees: Also submit an original Certificate of Employment (COE)
- For business owners: Also prepare a copy of your DTI or SEC registration and a copy of your business permit
- PRC or IBP card, if applicable
- If invited by a Korean entity: Also submit their ID or business permit and a letter of invitation
If you need an explainer for each requirement, click here to read our article.
2. Submit your Korean visa requirements to an accredited travel agency
Unless you’ll do a walk-in application in Cebu, you must transact with any of the following travel agencies that will process your Korean visa application:
- Aboex Travel and Tours
- Adventure International Tours, Inc.
- Ark Travel Express Inc
- Blue Horizons Travel and Tours Inc.
- Budget Travel and Tours Inc.
- Casto Travel Philippines Inc.
- City Travel and Tours Corporation
- Come on Phils. Golf & Travel Agency Inc.
- Constellation Travels, Inc.
- First United Travel Inc.
- Getaway Tours International Inc.
- Grand Hope Travel and Tours
- H.I.S. (Philippines) Travel Corp.
- Hanatour Manila Inc.
- Hankookceb Corp.
- Horizon Travel and Tours, Inc.
- International Journeys Inc.
- JOINENJOY (Island Resort Club Tour Services, Inc.)
- JTB Asia Pacific Phil. Corp.
- KP Joeun Consultancy Inc.
- Las Palmas Tours and Travel Agency, Inc.
- Marsman Drsydale Travel Inc.
- MNK Travel and Tours Corp.
- North Star International Travel, Inc.
- Pan Pacific Travel Corporation
- Party-on Travel and Tour Community Inc.
- Rajah Travel Corporation
- Rakso Air Travel and Tours Inc.
- Reli Tours and Travel Company
- Sharp Travel Service (Phils.) Inc.
- Swire Travel Philippines Inc.
- The Baron Travel Corporation
- Travel Pros
- TravelServices Inc.
- Uni-Orient Travel Inc.
Let your travel agent know that you are availing the BPI Korean Visa promo.
3. Monitor your application result online
Once the Embassy reviews your Korean visa application, you can check the result online even before you get your passport from your chosen travel agency. Refer to our guide here about using the Korea Visa Portal. (If your application is approved, you will see if you were granted a multiple-entry Korean visa!)
Use Your BPI Credit or Debit Card When Booking with WAUG!
When you have your multiple-entry Korean visa on you (claim it!), do check out the following activities and tours that you can book with WAUG!
- The River Bella Cucina by Han River – around ₱1,700 before discount
- WAUG Exclusive: Ganghwa Seaside Resort Luge – around ₱550 before discount
- Han River E-Land Moonlight Cruise – around ₱850 before discount
- Nami Island Petite France Bus Tour – around ₱1,800 before discount
- Seoul Palace Tour – around ₱1,700 before discount
You can also check out these experiences that you can have in Singapore, Hanoi, and Rome:
- Universal Studios Singapore™ Express Pass – around ₱2,550 before discount
- Singapore Luge & SkyRide Combo Ticket – around ₱930 before discount
- Ninh Binh Trang An & Bai Dinh Temple Day Tour – around ₱2,550 before discount
- Halong Bay Jade One-day Luxury Cruise – around ₱6,200 before discount
- Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel Ticket – around ₱1,500 before discount
Don’t have WAUG on your phone yet? Download it here.
FAQ: BPI Korean Visa Promo
Below we’ve listed the frequently asked questions (and answers!) regarding the promotion, however you may always contact BPI or your chosen travel agency to get the most accurate responses for your inquiries.
1. Can BPI supplementary cardholders join the Korean visa promo?
Yes, if they are the Principal’s immediate family member, i.e. spouse, parent, or child.
2. Is there a chance that I won’t get approved? Is it possible that I’ll get a single-entry Korean visa instead of multiple-entry?
While we’ve heard a lot of successful application stories, there are also some few applicants who joined the BPI or BDO promotion who had their application denied. The most common reason for denial was that they were not able to prove their purpose of travel in detail.
This being the case, it is good to note that while your BPI card is a huge factor in your Korean visa approval, other information such as your purpose of travel, background, and travel history will still be reviewed. If you’ll apply with your family, their status and details may also be taken into account.
Moreover, it’s not always the case that promo participants will get a multiple-entry visa that is valid for 5 years. It all depends on the Embassy’s overall assessment of your application, so be open to the possibility of getting a single-entry Korean visa or a multiple-entry with a shorter validity period.
Here is a relevant stipulation from the promo mechanics provided by BPI:
“BPI Cards does not in any way guarantee the issuance of any Visa, which issuance shall be left at the sole discretion of Korean Embassy.”
3. If I get a multiple-entry Korean visa, how long is the validity period?
All eligible cardholders will be considered for a 3-year multiple-entry visa. However, those who have a BPI Platinum Credit Card, a BPI Visa Signature Card, and a BPI Gold Debit Card will have the chance to be granted one that’s valid for 5 years!
4. Can I still submit my ITR and Bank Certificate even if they are waived for BPI Korean Visa promo participants?
Yes, you can! If you think these documents will strengthen the cause of your application, you may do so!
All the best!
We wish you well in your Korean visa application using your BPI card! If you have any questions or suggestions, comment them below!