Want to visit Snow King Ice Cream in Ximending? Book their Taiwanese Basil and Dried Meat Flakes set at a discounted price here!
- Snow King Ice Cream in Taipei opened in 1947 and has since introduced hundreds of crazy great flavors!
- Among the must-try on their menu are the Red Bean, Taro, Taiwanese Basil, and Dried Meat Flakes flavors, which you can all book online here.
- If you’re looking for more simple flavors, you can go for their Mango or Lychee selection!
- Snow King Ice Cream is located in Wuchang St, Zhongzheng District, Taipei, which is only 5 minutes away from Ximending Station.
Snow King Ice Cream in Taipei
The rumor’s true. There’s a legendary ice cream store in Taipei that sells eclectic flavors, like Pork Floss (or Dried Meat Flakes), Basil, Beer, Guava, Chili Pepper, Wasabi, and Sesame-Oil Chicken. But before you make your way to this popular dessert institution (or dismiss the idea of visiting 😔), here’s a thing or two that you should know about it.
The name is Snow King Ice Cream. They are located in Ximending and have been running for more than 70 years. They started out as a humble ice cream cart in 1947, and, back then, they only offered four ordinary flavors.
In the 70s, they reinvented ice cream in their locale. They rolled out savory selections made of pork, beef, and chicken, even when their usual flavors, like chocolate, strawberry, and mango, were selling well. It wasn’t a marketing idea or a random decision; they simply had to come up with a way to retain their aging customer base, who started having diabetes.
The ingenious move produced hundreds of flavors thereafter, and today, you can try some of the iconic ones in their Instagrammable store in Ximending.
To date, Snow King in Taipei has produced over 400 unique flavors. However, only around 70 of them are currently available, and here are the ones that you should try (ranked according to their level of extraordinariness):
1. Taiwanese Basil Ice Cream & Dried Meat Flakes Ice Cream
Among the savory variants that Snow King Ice Cream has on their menu, the top 2 selections are the Dried Meat Flakes (or Pork Floss) and Taiwanese Basil.
You can try these two unique flavors by booking the Special Set on WAUG, which you can book at a discounted price of NT$125 or $4 below:
2. Red Bean Ice Cream & Taro Ice Cream
While taro and red beans are common ingredients for desserts, it’s still pretty interesting to have them as ice cream flavors. If you’re up to try these options, you can book them as the Signature Set below for the same price of NT$125 or $4:
3. Mango Ice Cream & Lychee Ice Cream
Yes, Mango and Lychee are two normal flavors for Snow King, but they’re equally delightful and try-worthy! Enjoy these fruity and chunky scoops at a discounted price when you book below (flavors available for a limited time only!):
To save money on your crazy dessert adventure in Ximending, make sure to book Snow King’ Ice Cream’s menu selection on WAUG! (New users get an extra $3 discount coupon upon signing up below.)
- Log in or sign up for an account here.
- Click here to go to the booking page of Taipei Ximending Snow King Ice Cream.
- Choose your flavors and select the date of your visit.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX.
- Wait for your Snow King Ice Cream voucher/s that we’ll send through the WAUG app.
Snow King Ice Cream in Taipei: Address & Hours
Snow King is located in No. 65, Section 1, Wuchang St, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, 100. They are open from 12pm-8pm.