Book a Rental Car in Jeju at a Discounted Price
If you’re thinking about getting a rental vehicle for your Jeju Island trip, then hear this: You can get at least 25% off when you use WAUG and Zzimcar! WAUG (와그), the No. 1 activity booking platform from South Korea, has partnered with Zzimcar (찜카), which is the best real-time car reservation platform in the country. Until June 30, 2021, you can use WAUG to get a 25% discount on Zzimcar vouchers, which come in ₩50,000, ₩100,000, ₩150,000, and ₩200,000 denominations. Use these vouchers as payment for your booking on Zzimcar. Here’s how it works:
1. Find your rental car in Jeju Island using Zzimcar
Click here to go to Zzimcar’s website. (The website is not yet available in English, so you may want to use Google Translate or Papago.)
TIP: After selecting the date, time, and other information, the next page will a render a map that you can use to find rental cars in Jeju that are near the airport, Seogwipo, and other areas!
2. Book your Zzimcar Rental Car Voucher on WAUG
After browsing and selecting your Jeju rental car on Zzimcar, check the transaction total. To save money, you can purchase a Zzimcar Voucher on WAUG here that you can use to pay for the booking. Here are the options:
|1. ₩50,000 voucher||₩50,000||₩37,500|
|2. ₩100,000 voucher||₩100,000||₩75,000|
|3. ₩150,000 voucher||₩150,000||₩112,500|
|4. ₩200,000 voucher||₩200,000||₩150,000|
For example, if your total is ₩247,250 (for a BMW convertible), you can choose to get one or a couple of Zzimcar vouchers:
- Option A: Get a voucher worth ₩200,000 and another voucher worth ₩50,000. Since you can combine multiple WAUG vouchers, this will cover the total cost of booking. (You only pay ₩187,500 on WAUG!).
- If you’re a member of Zzimcar, any unused balance from your WAUG voucher will be available for use in the future.
- If you’re not a member, you’ll not be able to keep (and get a refund for) any remaining balance.
- Option B: Buy a voucher worth ₩200,000 and pay off the remaining ₩47,250 via credit or debit card. (In total, you’ll pay ₩197,250.)
First time to book on WAUG? You’ll get an extra ₩3,000 or $3 discount coupon after signing up! You can use this to further reduce the cost of your first booking. 😉
3. Use your voucher as method of payment on Zzimcar
After booking your Zzimcar voucher/s on WAUG, complete your booking on Zzimcar’s website. Apply the voucher code on the Coupons section to finalize your reservation.
4. Enjoy your rental car in Jeju!
And that’s it — all that’s left to do is wait for your trip! If you haven’t finalized your travel itinerary yet, here are some attractions and tours that you can also consider booking:
Booking a Zzimcar Rental Car Voucher on WAUG for Your Jeju Trip
- Log in or sign up for a WAUG account here. (New members get an extra discount coupon!)
- Proceed to the booking page of Zzimcar Rental Car here.
- Select the date.
- Select the option and quantity. Indicate the age of the driver at the box below.
- Check out with your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX. (Switch the page’s currency to KRW to see other payment options, like mobile payment and Naver Pay!)
- Wait for your voucher on the WAUG app, which you can download below: