Have the best Jeju winter trip when you visit this snow tube sledding park in the city! (First time to book on WAUG? You’ll get an extra $3 or ₩3,000 discount 🎉)
Planning Your Jeju Winter Itinerary
While Jeju draws the most number of tourists during the summer season, visiting the island during winter is also just as ideal. With clear skies and low humidity, many visitors find Jeju-do to be the perfect leisure and hiking destination. It’s the time when beautiful camellias bloom, forest trails get that dreamy look, and mountain peaks get covered in snow! If you’re planning a Jeju winter itinerary for a solo, couple, or group adventure, here are some of the activities and attractions that you can consider to make the most of your trip:
1. Visit Jeju Island’s Camellia Hill
We’ve featured this attraction quite a lot on this blog, and it’s really because you’d miss out a lot by not visiting! While it’s true that there are many similar flower parks and gardens all around the island, Camellia Hill stands out because — and I’m about to point the obvious — of its stunning camellias! These are flowers that bloom fully during the cold, so it’ll be a lovely experience for couples, friends, and families. What’s more is that you can spend time in their art gallery, cafe, and scenic walking paths that are filled with positive messages all around. For many Koreans, traveling is all about healing or letting go of whatever weighs them down, and you will definitely get this experience when you visit!
- Regular admission fee: ₩8,000 or $7
- Discounted rate on WAUG: ₩6,500 or $5.7
- Address: 166, Byeongak-ro, Andeok-myeon, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do, Republic of Korea
- Hours: 8:30am-5pm from December-February
2. Explore the Gotjawal Forest & Ecoland
Gotjawal is one-of-a-kind nature spot as it is mystical. It’s a forest that was formed on a lava region (right in the middle of the Hallasan slopes) and is believed to have healing effects. Gotjawal Forest houses a popular tourist attraction called Ecoland, which has a nice hop-on, hop-off train tour, lakeside decks, cafes and restaurants, and a Don Quixote-inspired windmill, among so many others. If you decide to add Ecoland or Gotjawal Forest in your Jeju winter itinerary, I’d recommend alloting 4-5 hours for some sightseeing.
- Regular admission fee: ₩15,000 or $13
- Discounted rate on WAUG: ₩12,200 or $10.5
- Address: 1278-169, Beonyeong-ro, Jocheon-eup, Jeju-si, Jeju-do, Republic of Korea
- Hours: Trains operate from 8:40am-4:30pm from December to March
3. Go Rail Biking
From two nature-themed attractions, let’s now move on to the first outdoor winter activity that you don’t want to miss in Jeju: rail biking! The actual experience itself is fun, but rail biking in Jeju will let you see major tourist attractions, such as the Yongnuni Oreum (or the Dragon Eye Mountain) and the Seongsan Ilchulbong, which a UNESCO World Heritage Site! Having rail biking in your Jeju winter itinerary is perfect if you’re traveling with children or a date!
- Regular admission fee: ₩15,000 or $13.8
- Discounted rate on WAUG: ₩9,800 or $9
- Address: Jeju Rail Bike at 641, Yongnunioreum-ro, Gujwa-eup, Jeju-si, Jeju-do, Republic of Korea
- Hours: 9:30am-5pm
4. Try Snow Tube Sledding in Jeju
And now for some high-adrenaline activity in Jeju: snow tube sledding! This is an exciting outdoor activity that can be enjoyed by people all ages, especially once it starts to snow! From a 12m-high ramp, you’ll be sledding down in full speed — a perfect way to enjoy the season!
- Regular admission fee: ₩12,000 or $11
- Discounted rate on WAUG: ₩9,000 or $8
- Address: 47, Waheulsangseo 2-gil, Jocheon-eup, Jeju-si, Jeju-do
- Hours: 9am-5pm
How to Book Jeju Winter Activities Online
WAUG is the No.1 activity booking platform from South Korea. If you’re not quite sure how to book the activities listed above, just follow these 5 simple steps:
- Log in or sign up for WAUG here. (New users get an extra $3 or ₩3,000 discount! 🥳)
- Proceed to the booking page of your preferred activity or attraction.
- Select the date and provide other participant information.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX.
- Wait for your voucher/s that we’ll send through the WAUG app, which you can download by clicking below:
More Activities in Jeju Island
Looking for more things to do in Jeju Island during winter? You may find some more here: 20 Things to Do in Jeju Island on Your First Visit
Featured image from Jeju Tourism Organization.