- Make your way to Aqua Planet Gwanggyo, the fifth branch of Hanhwa Aqua Planet in Korea that opened in January 2021!
- The new attraction is located in Suwon City, Gyeonggi-do, which is just 1-1.5 hours away from Seoul.
- Tickets for Aqua Planet Gwanggyo regularly cost ₩26,000 or $24 each, but you can book here for only ₩22,100 or $20.5! (New WAUG user? You’ll get an extra ₩3,000 coupon after signing up. 🎉)
- WAUG (와그) is the No. 1 booking platform from Korea that you can use to book attractions and restaurants at a discount. If you’re not a member yet, download the app here, sign up, and start exploring activities near you!
Explore more: Get Your Aqua Planet Jeju Tickets at a Discounted Price
A Guide to Hanhwa Aqua Planet Gwanggyo
Explore the underwater world at Hanhwa Aqua Planet’s newest branch in Gyeonggi-do! Like its sister locations in Seoul, Jeju, Yeosu, and Ilsan, Aqua Planet Gwanggyo features thousands of creatures that’ll make you feel like you’re walking through the depths of the sea. With toothy sharks and happy-looking stingrays, to adorable penguins and cute otters, this aquatic park is the perfect place to visit for a date, family getaway, or a solo adventure! Here’s what we know so far about Hanhwa Aqua Planet Gwanggyo:
1. The newest aquarium in Gyeonggi-do is home to 30,000 creatures!
Aqua Planet Gwanggyo, which is larger than the Aqua Planet 63 is Seoul, is home to over 30,000 sea and land creatures from 210 species. Some of the residents that you’ll get to meet here are Humboldt Penguins, Sand Tiger Sharks, Oriental Small-Clawed Otters, and Green Sea Turtles! Make sure to walk through (and take photos at) the scenic tunnel and visit the special-themed zones at Aqua Planet Gwanggyo to make the most of your visit!
2. Aqua Planet Gwanggyo has interactive experiences and shows for guests of all ages.
Aside from sightseeing, Hanhwa Aqua Planet Gwanggyo also offers exciting shows and hands-on experiences for everyone. Couples will love the Ecological Experience with Otters and the Penguin Village, while kids will enjoy the Crab Island, Aqua Magic Show and Jellyfish Lab!
3. There’s a nice themed-cafe in Aqua Planet Gwanggyo!
Need a break after exploring the aquatic wonderland? Head on over to Cheon Su Dang at the B1/F for some soufflé & drinks!
Aqua Planet Gwanggyo Ticket Price & Deal
The entrance fee for Hannhwa Aqua Planet Gwanggyo in Suwon-si costs ₩26,000 or $24 each, but you can book on WAUG here for only ₩22,100 or $20.5!
|AQUA PLANET GWANGGYO|
|PRICE ON |
First time to book on WAUG? You’ll get an extra ₩3,000 discount coupon after signing up! 🎉
How to Book Discounted Aqua Planet Gwanggyo Tickets on WAUG
If you’re unfamiliar with booking attractions and activities online, just follow these steps:
- Log in or sign up for an account here.
- Proceed to the booking page of Aqua Planet Gwanggyo here.
- Select the date, option, and quantity.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX. (Switch the currency to KRW to see other options like Naver Pay and mobile payment.)
- Wait for your voucher via email and present it on the day of your visit.
Location & Hours: Aqua Planet Gwanggyo
Aqua Planet Gwanggyo is located in Forena Gwanggyo B1 300, Gwanggyo Lake Park-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do. They are open from 10:30am-7:30pm, with last admission at 6:30pm.
To check routes and public transportation that can take you from Seoul to Aqua Planet Gwanggyo (only takes 1-1.5 hours), click on any of the following: Naver Map, Google Maps. To do a manual navigation search, you may key in Aqua Planet Gwanggyo’s name in Korean, which is 아쿠아플라넷 광교.
Featured images from (L) @olo_din_, (C) @sstestsong, and (R) @azhen0615 on Instagram.