Whether you plan to go rail biking in winter, spring, summer, or fall, you can book discounted Gangchon Rail Park tickets here!
- Once a track where Korail’s Gyeongchun line runs, Gangchon Rail Park is now one of the popular spots for weekend getaways and rail biking.
- The park houses three rail biking courses, namely Gimyujeong, Gyeong-gang, and Gapyeong.
- Gangchon rail bike tickets start at ₩30,000 or $25, but you can enjoy 12% off when you book here!
Explore more: Where to Go Paragliding in Korea: Best Spots & Packages
Rail Biking in Gangchon Rail Park
If you’re living in Korea and are looking to do something fun, or if you’re visiting and want to try an activity that locals enjoy, then consider rail biking in Gangchon Rail Park. This is the perfect leisure experience that’ll let you see some of the best attractions in Gangwon Province as you pedal along a historic railroad track. I always come here whenever I want to take a breather, and I love that I always come out feeling refreshed and relaxed.
The best time to visit Gangchon Park is between March through October, or during spring, summer, and autumn. During this period, you’ll get to enjoy the vibrant colors of nature, from the scenic lines of trees to the surrounding mountains. But, of course, if you wish to go rail biking in Gangchon during winter, I still think that it’d be as satisfying — the place literally transforms into a winter wonderland! The only thing, though, is that you may find it more difficult to pedal given the cold.
Here are some photos of Gangchon Rail Park in different seasons:
Before you visit, it’ll be good to know that there are 3 rail biking tracks in Gangchon Rail Park that you can choose from. These are Gimyujeong (which is also referred to as the Gangchon course), Gyeonggang, and Gapyeong. In the following section, we will zoom in on the first 2 tracks, but here are the Gangchon Rail Bike ticket prices, for quick reference:
|Gangchon Rail |
|1. Gimyujeong / Gangchon|
1. Gimyujeong or Gangchon Rail Bike Track
Out of all the tracks, Gimyujeong or Gangchon is my favorite. If you choose to take this rail biking course, you can expect to go through a scenic tunnel, see Bukhan River (or the North Han River), and admire the beautiful surrounding mountains. Oh, and there’s also an Instagram-worthy spot in the middle of the course called Nanggu Village!
If you’re planning to visit with your date or friend, you can book a two-seater Gangchon Rail bike. If you’ll come with your family, you may also get tickets for the four-seater option below:
2. Gyeonggang Rail Bike Track
The second track in Gangchon Rail Park is Gyeonggang. It features a lush Zelkova tree zone that changes in appearance depending on the season. It also traverses the Bukhan river via a nice railway bridge. (If you’ve seen the Korean film “Letter”, then you’d be interested to know that they filmed inside the Gyeonggang station!)
The type of rail bikes available in the Gyeonggang course of Gangchon Rail Park is a 4-wheeler. A ticket regularly costs ₩35,000 or $30, but you can book it below for only ₩30,800 or $26!
How to Book Gangchon Rail Bike Tickets Online
WAUG is the No. 1 travel and dining booking platform from South Korea. You can use it to book tickets for Gangchon Rail Park at a discounted price. Here are the steps:
- Log in or sign up for an account here. (New users get an extra $3 or ₩3,000 off first booking!)
- Visit the Gyeonggang & Gangchon Rail Bike tickets booking page here.
- Choose the date of your visit and provide the other information.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX.
- Wait for your voucher/s that we’ll send through the WAUG app, which you can download here.
Is your method-of-payment issued in South Korea? You can switch the page’s currency to KRW so you can see the other local payment options, like phone payment.
Gangchon Rail Park: Location & Hours
1. For Gangchon rail bike ticket-holders
- Address: Gimyujeong Station, 1383, Gimyujeong-ro, Sindong-myeon, Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do, Republic of Korea
- Operating hours (per round):
- 5:30pm (unavailable during winter, i.e. Nov. 1-Feb 28)
2. For Gyeonggang rail bike ticket-holders
- Address: Gyeonggang Station, 32-3, Seocheon-ri, Namsan-myeon, Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do, Republic of Korea
- Operating hours (per round):
- 5pm (unavailable during winter, i.e. Nov. 1-Feb 28)
If you will not come to the rail park by car, you can click here to see the routes recommended by Google Maps to go from Seoul to Gangchon Rail Park.
Finally, during chuseok, please take note that Gangchon Rail Bike (Gimyujeong Course) will start to operate at 1:30pm. The Gyeonggang Rail Bike Course will also start later at 2pm. For more reservation notes, you can go back to the booking page here.