Enjoy discounted admission to COEX Aquarium in Korea when you book your tickets here! (New users get extra ₩3,000 or $3 coupon upon sign-up 🎉)
- COEX Aquarium is a family-friendly attraction in South Korea that features over 40,000 sea creatures!
- They’re located inside the COEX Mall in Gangnam and are open everyday from 10am-9pm.
- The regular price of a COEX Aquarium ticket is ₩28,000 for adults and ₩24,000 for children, but you can book them here for only ₩21,900 and ₩19,900 respectively. (That’s a discount of at least $5 for an adult ticket!)
- WAUG (와그) is the No. 1 booking platform from Korea that you can use to book your trip, meal, and attraction passes at a discount. If you’re not a member yet, download the app here, sign up, and get a welcome coupon for new users! 🥳
Explore more: How to Get to Everland via Shuttle Bus from Seoul
What to Expect in COEX Aquarium Korea
One of the most satisfying places to visit in Seoul is the COEX Aquarium. Here, you can have fun as you spot familiar and peculiar creatures of the sea, like stingrays, sea turtles, sharks, and spider crabs, among so many others. When you come visit COEX Aquarium, you will go through interactive themed areas, which explain and demonstrate (in kid-friendly ways!) the rich diversity of the aquatic kingdom. Without spoiling all the fun, I’ve listed just a few of the adorable creatures that you can meet when you come to see COEX Aquarium in Korea:
Let’s start with one of the stars! Not only will you see Marlin and Nemo in the flesh, you’ll learn more about them too!
2. Royal Blue Tang
I can’t remember where I found this popular fish in COEX Aquarium, but I’m pretty sure that you and your family will love them too!
3. Big-Belly Seahorse
Though relatively smaller in size, big-belly seahorses are one of the most interesting creatures that you’ll encounter in COEX Aquarium Korea. When you spot them, make sure to find out how they give birth!
4. African spurred tortoise
The African spurred tortoise is the third-largest species of tortoise in the world. They thrive in warm and dry environment, which is very well provided by COEX Aquarium in Korea.
5. Spotted garden eel
Are they grass or eels? Well, these creatures try to be both! Spotted garden eels like to hide their tails in the sand. See them up close when you buy your COEX Aquarium tickets here!
6. Pitted stingray
Pitted stingrays may look friendly on the outside (their nostrils and mouth make them look like a smiley face!), but they’re always ready to sting their enemy with their tail!
7. Humboldt penguin
Unlike the typical penguins that we know to live in the cold region, Humboldt penguins live in the warm parts of South America. Similar to the pitted stingray, you may find these creatures harmless and adorable, but they’re ready to strike when they get angry. (They’re really so cute though!)
How to Get Discounted COEX Aquarium Tickets
WAUG, the No. 1 travel activity booking platform from South Korea, provides COEX Aquarium tickets at a discounted price. Here are the details:
- TICKET PRICE for Adults: ₩21,900 or $18.6 (vs. regular price of ₩28,000)
- TICKET PRICE for Children: ₩19,900 or $17 (vs. regular price of ₩24,000)
- Valid for use on weekdays and weekends
- Same-day booking of COEX Aquarium tickets on WAUG is available
If you’re unfamiliar with using WAUG, here are the steps:
- Sign up for an account here.
- Proceed to the COEX Aquarium ticket booking page here.
- Select the date and provide the necessary participant information.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX.
- Wait for your voucher.
Once your voucher/s for COEX Aquarium is processed, you will receive it via email and through the WAUG app, which you can download here.
COEX Aquarium Reviews
As of writing, COEX Aquarium has a perfect 5-star rating on WAUG. One of the reviewers liked that the COEX Aquarium tickets she bought were open-dated, and another commented that her family loved the attraction!
To see COEX Aquarium reviews from WAUG, click here.
COEX Aquarium Location & Hours
COEX Aquarium is located inside the COEX Mall. Here’s the address: Gangnam-gu Youngdongdae-ro 513, Seoul. The attraction is open daily from 10am-9pm, with 8pm as the last admission.