- Looking for good wine bars in Seoul? Consider visiting this posh bar in Gangnam!
- Want to wine and in Hongdae? Visit this poolside rooftop bar that’s located on the 22nd floor of L7 Hotel.
- WAUG (와그) is the No. 1 booking platform from Korea that you can use to book restaurants, attractions, and lifestyle activities at a discount. If you’re not a member yet, download the app here, sign up, and get ₩3,000 or $3 off your first booking 🎉
Best Wine Bars in Seoul
Though mainly noted for soju and makgeolli, Seoul has some of the most distinctive wines that do not fail to impress. If you’re ever in the area and are looking for a restaurant or bar where you can spend the evening alone or with company, consider visiting one of the following options that are ideal for any occasion (or none at all):
1. FLOATING in Hongdae
Located on the 22nd floor of L7 Hotel in Hongdae, FLOATING is a rooftop bar that impresses with a nice view of the hip college district and even the Han River. This is the perfect place to visit if you want to spend a romantic evening or have a relaxing time with a friend. FLOATING offers a Sparkling Wine Set for 2, which comes with a bottle of wine and your choice of a small plate. The wine set regularly costs ₩86,000 or $80, but you can book it on WAUG below for only ₩60,000 or $56! (First time to book on WAUG? After signing up, you’ll get an extra ₩3,000 discount coupon that you can apply on your transaction 🎉)
FLOATING Rooftop Bar is located in 22/F L7 Hongdae Hotel, 141 Yanghwa-ro, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul. They are open from 6pm-1am.
2. LUVEC in Gangnam
What makes LUVEC stand out among other wine bars in Seoul is its cozy interior. Adorned with red sheer curtains, comfy couches, and a dimly lit bar, LUVEC is what you may call an instant mood-booster! Locals who visit recommend their affordable pasta items, which are best paired with either their Cabernet Sauvignon or Chardonnay.
Wine Connection is located at 50, Seocho-daero 73-gil, Seocho-gu, Seoul. They are open from 5pm-2am.
3. White Noise Wine Bar in Yeonhui-dong
Considered as a hidden gem for many locals, White Noise Wine Bar or 백색소음 와인바 is a place filled with bookshelves (with actual reading materials!) and a study table. The idea behind this quaint wine bar is to “read, talk, and drink,” which help customers tune out of their worries and stresses. What’s nice about this wine bar in Seoul is that they also have a few seats for those who come alone, so if you feel like having your me-time, go ahead and visit this bar.
White Noise Wine Bar is located in Seoul, Seodaemun-gu, Yeonhui-dong, Yeonhui-ro, 38-12. They are open from 6pm-3am.
4. Le Bar in Myeongdong
If you’re looking for wine bars in Seoul that have a stunning view, head on over to the 19th floor of ibis Ambassador in Myeongdong and visit Le Bar! They offer a magnificent view of the N Seoul Tower, as well as romantic spaces that couples will love. To save money on your visit, you can book a ₩50,000 cash coupon for Le Bar below. (New users get extra ₩3,000 off via the discount coupon!)
Le Bar is located in ibis Ambassador Myeongdong, 78, Namdaemun-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea. They are open from 6pm until midnight.
How to Book Wine Bars in Seoul at a Discount
WAUG lets you book restaurants and activities in more than 100 cities including Seoul. If you’re unfamiliar with using WAUG, here are the steps:
- Log in or sign up for an account here.
- Visit the booking page of your chosen wine bar in Seoul.
- Select the date of your visit and option.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX. (Switch the currency to KRW to see other payment options, like Naver Pay and mobile payment.)
- Wait for your voucher on the app, which you can download below: