Those who need a travel pass during MECQ may send their request and requirements via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- During MECQ period only, if you need to leave Quezon City to go to another LGU for important matters, you should apply for a travel pass. You can do so via email.
- The requirements include a letter of request, a government-issued ID, and a health clearance.
- For any questions or clarifications, you may contact the QC Hall at 884242 loc. 1101 & 8425.
- Are you planning to travel to Seoul, Tokyo, and other destinations whenever it’s safe and possible? Create your itinerary with WAUG — the No. 1 activity booking platform from South Korea! View the activities and tours that you can book at a discount here.
Who should get a travel pass in Quezon City?
On May 18, the QC government released guidelines for travel pass application amid the modified enhanced community quarantine or MECQ. You’ll need to apply for one if you must leave Quezon City for indispensable or emergency purposes or if you have other reasons that are not included in the exemption (list below). This is especially important in case authorities or other LGU’s request you to present a travel pass.
Who are exempt from the QC travel pass application?
The following individuals who will enter and leave Quezon City are NOT required to present a travel pass:
1. Employees & self-employed
If you will report to work or attend to business, you do not need a travel pass. You only have to show your company ID (for employees) or your Barangay Quarantine Pass (for self-employed).
2. Delivery personnel
If you work for a company that’s engaged in delivery, courier, or cargo services, you are exempt from getting a travel pass.
3. Business owners in QC who will resume operation
If you have a QC-based business that’s permitted to re-open, you only need to show your business permit if authorities request for proof.
4. COVID-19 Responders
In lieu of a travel pass, you only need to show your health worker ID, hospital ID, IATF Authorized Person Outside Residence (APOR) ID, or any identification issued by the national government.
To reiterate, if you want to leave Quezon City and are not among those who are exempt, you should get a travel pass.
How to Apply for a Travel Pass in QC: Requirements
Residents of Quezon City are encouraged to send their travel pass application to this email address: email@example.com. Here are the requirements to attach:
1. Letter of Request
The letter should be addressed to: Office of the City Administrator, Quezon City. It should have the following information:
- Contact number
- Date of travel
- Reason for travel
- Vehicle model/License No.
- Driver’s name
- Passenger’s name
To make life easy, here’s a simple template that you may want to use for your email:
Office of the City Administrator
I am writing to request for a travel pass. Please see below the information that you require:
- Contact number:
- Date of travel:
- Reason for travel:
- Vehicle model/License No.:
- Driver’s name:
- Passenger’s name:
Attached in the email you will find a copy of my ID and health clearance.
With gratitude and appreciation,
2. ID Card
Submit a scanned (or photographed) government-issued identification card that has your profile photo.
3. Health Clearance
This should have been issued by a doctor.
That’s it! These are all the documents needed to get a travel pass in Quezon City, but note that the LGU may request for additional documents if necessary.
Processing Time & Pick-Up
QC travel passes will be processed in three (3) working days. When ready for pick-up, you will be notified through the contact number you provided.
Travel ideas for your next adventure
Got plans to explore the Philippines or travel overseas whenever possible? Consider these travel activities on WAUG!
- [Japan] Tokyo Disneyland & Disney Sea
- [Singapore] Gardens by the Bay
- [South Korea] Han River E-Land Moonlight Cruise
- [Taiwan] Taipei 101 Observatory Ticket
- [US] Universal Studios Hollywood
- [Philippines] Conrad Spa Manila
- [Philippines] Crimson Resort Saffron Buffet
To view the guidelines and check if any information has changed, or if you want to know about the updates on COVID-19 and the MECQ, visit the official website of the Quezon City Local Government. You may also contact them at 884242 loc. 1101 & 8425.