Why You Should Ride the Tongyeong Cable Car
The coastal city of Tongyeong offers some of the most impressive sceneries in South Korea. From majestic mountains and alluring seas, to the islands that surround the port, you’ll be able to take in refreshing sights that will have you falling in love with the country. If you’re planning a trip soon, a fun way to cover the must-see sites is by taking the Tongyeong Cable Car. It’s a ride that spans almost 2km, so you’re sure to get a satisfying experience whether as a solo traveler, couple, or group. Check out some of the things that you can expect:
1. Experience one of Korea’s longest cable car
Covering a distance of 1,975 meters, Tongyeong Cable Car is one of the longest in the country! It’s a great sightseeing activity since it covers a lot of the city’s real estate. Even if you’re scared of heights or get anxious when riding this kind of rides, the experience will be comfortable thanks to the enhanced stabilizing technology provided by Garaventa, a lift manufacturer from Switzerland!
2. Get to the top of Mireuksan
Mireuksan in Tongyeong is part of Korea’s 100 Celebrated Mountains. Locals believe that it’s the site where Buddha will appear in the future, so it’s a very important cultural attraction. The 461-meter high mountain also houses temples such as Yonghwasa, Gwaneumam, and Miraesa so you’ll be able to appreciate more of the city’s unique infrastructures!
By taking the Tongyeong Cable Car, you’ll be able to reach the top of Mt. Mireuk where you can see the beautiful islands of Hallyeo Waterway and Tongyeong Harbor!
3. Take a photo at Tongyeong Cable Car’s observation decks and skywalk
The cabins offer a great sightseeing experience, but the attraction also installed 7 observation decks that cable car riders can visit. Each observation deck boasts different views, which are a great backdrop for your next social media photo post!
Tongyeong Cable Car Ticket Deal
Roundtrip tickets for Tongyeong Cable Car are available on WAUG, which means that you can book them at a discount! Here’s our offer:
|Tongyeong Cable Car|
|1. Adult (Roundtrip)||₩14,000||₩11,000|
|2. Child (Roundtrip)||₩10,000||₩8,000|
- Instant confirmation (Same-day booking available)
- Mobile voucher
- Use on weekday or weekend
First time to book on WAUG? You’ll get an extra ₩3,000 discount coupon after signing up! 🎉
How to Book Tongyeong Cable Car Tickets on WAUG
If you’re unfamiliar with booking rides and activities online, just follow these steps:
- Log in or sign up for an account here.
- Proceed to the booking page of Tongyeong Cable Car here.
- Select the date, option, and quantity.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX. (Switch the currency to KRW to see other options like Naver Pay and mobile payment.)
- Wait for your voucher via email and present it on the day of your visit.
Location & Hours
Tongyeong Cable Car is located in 349-1, Donam-dong, Tongyeong-si, Gyeongnam. They observe the following operating schedule:
- Winter (October-March): 9am-4pm
- Spring/Autumn (April, September): 9:30am-5pm
- Peak/Summer (May-August): 9:30am-6pm
- Closed every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month