This includes COVID-19 testing at airports and self-isolation for 14 days.
- On July 24, Taiwan’s CECC released a travel advisory stating that all arrivals from the Philippines will be subject to COVID-19 testing and quarantine starting July 26.
- Six of Taiwan’s 11 imported cases in July were linked from the Southeast Asian nation.
- As of publish time, Taiwan has recorded 467 COVID-19 infections, while the Philippines has had more than 83,000.
- Planning to travel to Taipei whenever possible? Click here to plan your itinerary!
Travel Advisory: Taiwan Enforces Screening Measures for Philippine Arrivals
Starting July 26, all travelers from the Philippines will be subject to the following health measures set forth by Taiwan’s Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC):
- Regardless of symptoms, all Taiwanese nationals and foreigners (ARC-holders, migrant workers, students, and diplomats) will undergo COVID-19 testing at the airport.
- Those who show symptoms will be transported to a group quarantine facility to await test results.
- Asymptomatic travelers will undergo a 14-day quarantine at home or at a designated hotel.
- Foreign nationals with no Alien Resident Certificate must submit a medical certificate that shows a negative COVID-19 test result. The certificate must have been issued within three days before boarding the flight, including transfer flights.
The new measures came given the continuous spread of COVID-19 in the Philippines, as well as the report that 6 of 11 imported cases in Taiwan for the month of July are linked to the Southeast Asian nation.
As of this article’s publish time, Taiwan has recorded 467 COVID-19 infections. Meanwhile, the Philippines has had more than 83,000 cases.
Recently, Taiwan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that the visa-free privilege for Filipino tourists will extend through July 31, 2021.
Also read: What’s Quarantine in Korea Like?
Planning to Travel to Taiwan next year?
Check out the activities, restaurants, and attractions that you can book on WAUG — the No. 1 activity booking platform from South Korea! Sign up for an account here to get a discount coupon for your trip:
- [Connectivity] 4G/LTE Taiwan Picket WiFi
- [Transport] Taoyuan Airport MRT One-Way Ticket
- [Food] Din Tai Fung Set Meal
- [Attraction] Taipei 101 Tower Observatory
- [Tour] Private Yehliu and Jiufen Taxi Tour
To see the relevant Taiwan travel advisory for travelers from the Philippines, click here. For more COVID-19 updates, also read:
- [South Korea] Is Your Korean Tourist Visa Still Useable After the Suspension?
- [Indonesia] Bali to Open Borders in September After Coronavirus Lockdown
- [Singapore] These Major Attractions in Singapore Will Reopen in July!