- Visit Phoenix Pyeongchang Ski Resort, one of the venues for the 2018 Winter Olympics!
- Have fun in their 21 slopes, which includes an Olympic-style slope that’s named after snowboarder Lee Sang Ho.
- Looking for equipment and clothing rental stores near Phoenix Pyeongchang Snow Park? Consider visiting this shop, which is only 1 minute away from the resort!
- WAUG (와그) is the No. 1 booking platform from South Korea that you can use to book attractions, resorts, restaurants, and activities. If you’re not a member yet, download the app here, sign up, and get ₩3,000 off your first booking! 🎉
Explore more: 6 Best Ski Resorts in South Korea: 2020-2021 Season Guide
Visit Pheonix Pyeongchang Snow Park
While there’s a couple of ski resorts that are more accessible from Seoul, Pheonix Pyeongchang remains one of the winter attractions in South Korea that locals prefer. Aside from being an official site for the 2018 Olympics, Phoenix Pyeongchang also has 21 high-quality slopes, which is perfect if you don’t want to worry about crowding! There are 6 slopes for beginners, 4 for intermediate, 4 for advanced, and 2 for experts. Additionally, there are 5 special slopes and parks, which include the parallel giant slalom that’s named after Olympian snowboader Lee Sang Ho!
If you want to experience all the fun at Phoenix Pyeongchang Snow Park, here are some information to help you plan your trip:
1. Pheonix Snow Park Lift Tickets
If it’s your first time to visit a winter sports resort, there are three basic things that you should have: lift ticket, equipment, and proper apparel. You have the option to purchase your lift ticket at the resort for ₩49,000-59,000, but if you want to save money, you can book online below for only ₩41,300! The product offered on WAUG is also an all-day lift ticket, so you can get access until the resort’s closing time!
Still looking for a better deal? If it’s your first time to book on WAUG, then you’ll get a ₩3,000 or $3 discount coupon that you can use to reduce the cost of your lift ticket! 🎉
2. Equipment Rental for Phoenix Pyeongchang Ski Resort
Don’t have the gear for skiing and snowboarding? No problem! You can easily rent them at the nearby Snowland Rental Shop, which is only 1 minute away from Phoenix Pyeongchang. They offer the latest equipment for only ₩14,900-19,900 (vs. the rental rate of ₩30,000 that is charged by the resort).
3. Ski Apparel
Aside from equipment, you can also rent the latest clothing from Snowland. Since they make it a point to wash and disinfect all their apparel and equipment regularly, you can hit the slopes of Phoenix Pyeongchang Snow Park with confidence!
4. Ski or Snowboard Lessons at Phoenix Pyeongchang
Want to learn how to ski or snowboard? You can also book a private lesson for 1, 2, or 3! Learn all the basic moves starting at only ₩110,000!
5. Snow Village
Finally, if you’ll visit Phoenix Pyeongchang with kids, you may also want to check out their Snow Village! This is a children’s theme park with a snow cave and slide, which your kids will definitely love. Admission ticket regularly costs ₩30,000, but you can book on WAUG below for only ₩24,000!
|1. Lift Ticket||₩49,000-59,000||₩41,300|
|2. Equipment Rental||₩30,000||₩14,900-19,900|
|3. Clothing Rental||₩18,000||₩9,900|
|4. Lift + Equipment||₩79,000-89,000||₩59,300|
|5. Equipment + Clothes||₩48,000||₩24,900|
|6. Ski/Snowboard Program||–||₩110,000-160,000|
|7. Snow Village Ticket|
How to Book Pyeongchang Phoenix Snow Park: Lift, Equipment Rental, Clothing, & Lesson
If you’re unfamiliar with booking ski resorts and other activities online, just follow these 5 simple steps:
- Log in or sign up for an account here.
- Proceed to the booking page of the Phoenix Pyeongchang Lift Ticket here or Snowland Rental Shop here.
- Select the date, option, and quantity.
- Check out with your card. (Set the page’s currency to KRW to activate other payment options, like Naver Pay and mobile payment!)
- Wait for your vouchers on the WAUG app, which you can download below:
How to Get to Phoenix Pyeongchang Snow Park from Seoul
Phoenix Pyeongchang is located in 174, Taegi-ro, Bongpyeong-myeon, Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do. The travel time from Seoul to KTX Pyeongchang Station (Gyeonggang Line) is 1 hour and 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can also book their Shuttle Bus here.
Featured images from @phoenixhnr on Instagram.