See the Korean capital dazzle at night when you book your Namsan Seoul Tower observatory tickets here! (First time to use WAUG? You’ll get a ₩3,000 or $3 discount coupon after signing up 🎉)
- Namsan Seoul Tower (or simply N Seoul Tower) has become a symbol of the Korean capital since it opened as an attraction in 1980.
- Given its popularity among couples and families, it’s also known as a Romantic Island in the City!
- At night, you can stroll at the Locks of Love and admire the views from the Namsan Seoul Tower observatory. The admission fee is ₩11,000 or $10, but you can book here for only ₩8,000 or $8!
- WAUG (와그) is the No. 1 activity platform from Korea that you can use to book attractions, restaurants, and experiences. If you’re not a member yet, download the app here, sign up, and receive our welcome discount coupon! 🥳
Explore more: Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung: Things to Know Before You Go
Things to Do in Namsan Seoul Tower
Whether you’ll visit Namsan Seoul Tower as a solo visitor, couple, or group, there are many facilities and attractions that you can enjoy. Aside from the observatory where you can see the city skyline from up high, you can also enjoy the cable car experience, locks of love, pagoda, restaurants, and LED attractions in Namsan. If it’s your first time to visit, I recommend coming in at around 4:30pm and staying until 7:30pm-ish so you can see both the day and night views. Here are more details to help you plan your trip:
1. Namsan Cable Car Experience
While you can hike Namsan or ride a bus that stops at the tower complex, I suggest taking the Namsan Cable Car if you’re a first-time visitor. The station is located just 8-12 minutes away by foot from Myeongdong Station, and a ticket costs ₩9,500 for adults (round-trip). The cable car will take you straight up to Namsan, so it’s very convenient too! While the travel time is short, the ascent will really get you and your company excited!
2. Locks of Love
With no doubt, the locks of love is one of the most popular spots in the Namsan Seoul Tower complex! Couples (and friends) who want to celebrate and immortalize their bond lock in their love and leave a piece of their hearts in the mountain. If you’re coming by cable car, the largest locks of love zone is just near the station. You’ll find many other zones at the base of the Namsan Seoul Tower, but be sure to place your lock in a designated area. Otherwise, it might get removed. 😔
At the foot of Namsan Seoul Tower is a pagoda that gets a lot of attention among visitors. The entire complex is actually modern by design, so it’s nice to see a little element of tradition in this attraction. During the day (especially on weekends), it’ll be hard to take a photo of the pagoda due to the crowd, so you may want to come at night when it lights up.
4. LED Attraction
Now, let’s move on to the actual Namsan Seoul Tower experience. After redeeming your tickets from the kiosk machine and entering the observatory entrance, expect to take a detour to a large LED room where you can see various media displays of Seoul! I saw this just recently and thought that it’s a great way to implement social distancing. Since a lot of people spend time in the LED room, the queue to the Namsan Seoul Tower observatory elevators gets broken up — a great way to manage foot traffic!
5. Namsan Seoul Tower Observatory
Finally, the observatory experience! From up the tower, you’ll be able to see a marvelous 360-degree view of Seoul. I like that there are signs on the windows that tell you what you’re actually seeing (for example, this section tells you where Hongdae is), and it’s also cool to have a section where you can write a postcard! What’s more is that they have a cafe, photo studio, and gift shop, which carries really cute souvenirs. (As a final tip, make sure to check out the restrooms for a fun experience!)
Regular admission to the Namsan Seoul Tower Observatory costs ₩11,000 or $10, but you can book below for only ₩8,000 or $8!
How to Book Namsan Seoul Tower Observatory Ticket on WAUG
- Log in or sign up for an account here. (New WAUG users get extra $3 or ₩3,000 discount coupon!)
- Proceed to the booking page of Namsan Seoul Tower tickets here.
- Select the date and quantity.
- Check out with your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX. (If your method of payment is issued in South Korea, change the currency to KRW to see other payment options, including Naver Pay and mobile payment!)
- View your mobile voucher via email or on the WAUG app, which you can download below:
How to Exchange Your Voucher to Actual Tickets
To exchange your mobile voucher to your actual Namsan Seoul Tower observatory ticket, proceed to the kiosk machine near the observatory entrance. Type in the reservation number and print your tickets. (Instructions in English will be provided.)
Location & Hours
Namsan Seoul Tower is located in 105 Namsangongwon-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea. They are open year-round from 10am-11pm (except Saturdays when they close at 12am!)