Discover Barcelona from up high! Book your roundtrip Montjuïc Cable Car tickets at a discounted price here 🚠
- Go on a 750-meter-long sightseeing journey above Barcelona aboard the Montjuïc Cable Car or Telefèric de Montjuïc!
- Hop on and off the 3 cable car stations to explore Montjuïc Mountain, Castell de Montjuïc, and various attractions.
- Roundtrip tickets for Montjuïc Cable Car regularly cost €14.20, but you can book on WAUG here for only €9.18!
- WAUG is the No. 1 activity booking platform in South Korea. If you’re a new user, you’ll get an extra $3 discount coupon (around €2.5) after downloading the app here.
Is the attraction open?
Yes, Montjuïc Cable Car is open and ready to welcome guests!
Sightseeing in Barcelona via Montjuïc Cable Car
Immersing in Barcelona’s grid streets is quite amazing, but the experience of seeing the city as a whole from up high is equally mesmerizing. When you climb aboard the Montjuïc Cable Car (locally known as Telefèric de Montjuïc), you’ll be treated to a spectacular sightseeing ride like no other. Many travelers who’ve tried the activity said that it’s the best cable car experience for them, and we totally get why. From the large, comfortable cabins to the scenic route that lets passengers enjoy unparalleled views of Barcelona, anyone — even those who’s scared of heights — can definitely have a memorable experience.
Here are some of the things that you can expect when you buy a Montjuïc Cable Car roundtrip ticket on WAUG:
1. Hop-on, hop-off access at the 3 Montjuïc Cable Car stations
When you take the Montjuïc Cable Car at Parc Montjuïc Stop (first stop), you’ll go directly up the mountain to the third stop called Castell. For one-way ticket holders, this is the final stop. However, those with a roundtrip Montjuïc Cable Car ticket will get the option to hop off on the mid stop, which is called Mirador.
If you’re planning your trip in detail, check out the attractions that you can explore around the 3 cable car stations:
- Parc Montjuïc: Fundació Miró, National Art Museum of Catalonia, Poble Espanyol, Barcelona Ethnological Museum, and the Olympic Ring from the 1992 Olympic Games
- Castell: Montjuïc Castle, Botanical Garden, the Joan Brossa Gardens and the Mossèn Cinto Verdaguer Gardens
- Mirador: Mirador de l’Alcalde, the Miramar Gardens, and the Mossèn Costa i Llobera Gardens.
2. See the Montjuïc Castle
Also known as Castell de Montjuïc, the Montjuïc Castle is a palace from the 17th century. It served as a fortress and then a prison before becoming the tourist attraction that it is today. Once you arrive at the peak of the mountain, which is where the castle is located, you’ll understand why they chose to build the fortress there — it offers a 360-degree view of Barcelona. This was essential for defense. Today, of course, the location is most ideal for visitors who are looking to take in the captivating charm of the city, which is one of the things that make the Montjuïc cable car ride worth it.
If you want to explore this stunning castle, you can pay the admission fee onsite for around €5. (However, on certain Sundays, entrance is free!) Inside the castle, you’ll get to see its drawbridge, facade, watchtower, bastions, parade ground, and more.
3. Explore the Montjuïc Mountain’s Green Zones
Roundtrip cable car ticket holders get something extra: a chance to hop off the Mirador Stop and explore Montjuïc Mountain’s Green Zones. Here, you’ll get to see the lush landscape of the mountain, enjoy wonderful views of the harbor, and get access to various lookout points and terraces with resting areas.
Montjuïc Cable Car Ticket Price & Discount Offers
Roundtrip passes for the Montjuïc Cable Car are available on WAUG, which means you can book at a discounted price! Here’s our offer:
|TICKET||REGULAR COST||DISCOUNTED PRICE ON WAUG|
(13+ years old)
(4-12 years old)
- Easy access. You’ll get a mobile ticket, so there’s no need to print.
- Bonus deal! New WAUG users get extra $3 discount coupon (around €2.5) after signing up! Use this extra discount on your purchase.
- Children under 4 years old enter for free with a paying adult.
How to Book Roundtrip Montjuïc Cable Car Tickets on WAUG
WAUG, short for “Where are u going?”, is the No. 1 activity booking app in South Korea. Here’s how to book:
- Log in or sign up for a WAUG account here.
- Proceed to the booking page of Montjuïc Cable Car Tickets in Barcelona.
- Select the date, and quantity.
- Check out using your credit, debit, or prepaid card.
- Receive your mobile ticket via email or the WAUG app.
WATCH: Montjuïc Cable Car
Take a peek of the experience from this public post we found on Facebook!
Montjuïc Cable Car Hours & Address
Montjuïc Cable Car is located in 30, Avinguda Miramar, 08038, Barcelona. Their operating hours vary per season:
- January-February: 10:00 AM – 06:00 PM
- March-May: 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- June-September: 10:00 AM – 09:00 PM
- October: 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- November-December: 10:00 AM – 06:00 PM