Plan Your Jeju Spring Itinerary
Spring in Jeju is marked by cool weather and colorful sceneries. Most local and foreign travelers visit Jeju in the summer for the ideal island getaway, but the spring season, which starts on late February through May, offers vibrant landscapes and more comfortable conditions for touring. If you’re planning a Jeju Island spring trip, here are some of the information that may help:
- Canola flowers and cherry blossoms in Jeju usually bloom in late March until early April.
- Average weather in Jeju is 8° (High) / 3° (Low) on February, 11° / 6° on March, 16° / 10° on April, and 20° / 14° on May.
- For clothing, layer up with a windbreaker, cardigan, lightweight sweater, and the like.
As for the best places to visit in Jeju during spring season, here are a few must-visit sites that you can consider adding to your itinerary:
1. Explore the Gotjawal Forest in Eco Land
See Jeju’s nature spring back to life in Eco Land! The attraction, which houses the mystical Gotjawal Forest, has tons of Insta-worthy spots and mini-activities that you can enjoy as a solo traveler, couple, or group. Explore the forest aboard a Lincoln locomotive, chill in their café on a lake, enjoy a picnic, take a scenic stroll on the lakeside deck, have a ‘healing’ experience at the Eco Road, and see the beautiful Don Quixote-inspired windmill. For the perfect spring photo, make sure to check out the Lavender, Green Tea, & Rose Garden Station. You’ll surely fall in love with the vibrant roses and tea plants that Jeju Island has to offer for the season!
- TICKET PRICE: ₩12,200 on WAUG (vs. regular price of ₩15,000)
- Address: 1278-169, Beonyeong-ro, Jocheon-eup, Jeju-si
- Hours: Hop-on, hop-off train tour runs from 8:30am-5pm from April to November and 8:40am-4:30pm from December to March.
First time to book on WAUG? You’ll get an extra ₩3,000 discount coupon after signing up! 🎉
Also read: 7 Things to Do in Eco Land Theme Park, Jeju Island
2. See the Beautiful Cherry Blossoms in Jeju at Hallim Park
Hallim Park is Jeju Island’s premier flower botanical garden. Aside from having themed zones like the Jeju Stone & Bonsai Garden, Bird Garden, Jae-Am Folk Village, and the Hyeopjaegul & Ssangnyonggul Caves, the park also has monthly festivals that feature the season’s best plant and flower offerings. If you’re coming to Jeju Island during spring, you may want to time your trip on March for Hallim Park’s Cherry Blossom Festival! But in case you’re coming in on April and May, you can still enjoy the Tulip Festival and the Wildflower & Bougainvillea Festival.
- TICKET PRICE: ₩11,400 on WAUG (vs. regular price of ₩15,000)
- Address: 300 Hallim-ro, Hallim-eup, Jeju-si
- Hours: 8:30am-5:30pm from March-August
Also read: Hallim Park in Jeju: List of Festivals & Entrance Fee
3. Have fun at Jeju’s best amusement park
Make your Jeju spring trip extra memorable when you visit Shinhwa Theme Park! Experience the only rollercoaster in the island, meet the cute characters from Larva, and try the 3D shooting game that’s perfect for couples, friends, and families. If you ever want to relax after a day of touring, you can also visit Shinhwa Water Park, which houses indoor pools with massage jets to help you get rid of fatigue and stress!
- TICKET PRICE: ₩20,000 on WAUG (vs. regular price of ₩39,000)
- Address: 38 Sinhwayeoksa-ro 304 beon-gil, Andeok-myeon Seogwipo-si
- Hours: 12-8pm for Shinhwa Theme Park
Also read: Shinhwa World: Visit Jeju’s Best Amusement & Water Park!
4. Hop on the Jeju Rail Bike
Now, let’s move on to the perfect spring activity in Jeju: rail biking! What I love about this activity is that it lets you see the island’s stunning attractions as you pedal into the park’s scenic tracks. Some landmarks that you will see are Yongnuni Oreum, Darangshi Oreum, and Seongsan Ilchulbong, which is the famous tuff cone that’s listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site! After a day of rail biking, you can stop by at Jeju Rail Park’s cafe to unwind.
- TICKET PRICE: ₩9,800 on WAUG (vs. regular price of ₩15,000)
- Address: 641, Yongnunioreum-ro, Gujwa-eup, Jeju-si
- Hours: 9:30am-5pm
5. Chill in Innisfree Jeju House
Speaking of cafes, a great spot that you can visit is Innisfree Jeju House. It’s home to a bright and cozy coffeeshop that has a nice view of their organic tea plantation. After taking photos, make sure to try their Hallasan Cake Set, which comes with a cake that symbolizes Jeju as well as a choice of your drink. They also have a Picnic Set that you can rent out for that special spring activity. Oh, and if you’re a fan of Korean healthy and beauty products, you may want to sign up for their soap-making class to maximize your visit!
- Address: 23, Shinhwayeoksa-ro, Andeok-myeon, Seogwipo-si
- Hours: 9am-6pm
How to Book Jeju Spring Activities on WAUG
- Log in or sign up for a WAUG account here.
- Proceed to the booking page of your preferred spring activity in Jeju. (Find more here.)
- Select the date, option, and quantity.
- Check out using your credit/debit card.
- Wait for your voucher/s on the WAUG app, which you can download below: