Top Picks: Italian Restaurants in Seoul
When you’re thinking about having pasta for lunch or dinner, there are various options in Seoul that will impress! Whether you’re craving for a simple, clean, and authentic pasta dish or a Korean-Italian mash-up plate (spicy!), you can visit any of the following Italian restaurants in Seoul.
1. Grand Ciel in Gangnam
Let’s start with a well-loved restaurant in Gangnam: Grand Ciel. This is a low-key neighborhood Italian dining spot that’s run by celebrity Chef Lee Song-Hee. Regulars love three items on the menu: the Mushroom Cream Risotto, Anchovy Oil Pasta, and Chateaubriand Steak. Between the two best-selling pastas, I will have to go with — and I’m making a very tough choice here! — the risotto. I’ve tried a lot of risotto dishes in Seoul, but this is by far the best in terms of consistency, presentation, and taste. Grand Ciel is definitely the perfect place to treat yourself or take someone on a date!
- Price range on WAUG: ₩22,000-22,500 or $20-21
- Address: 16-6, Dosan-daero 45-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea (near Gangnam-gu Office Subway Station)
- Hours: Monday-Saturday at 11am-11pm and Sundays at 11am-10pm
2. The Grid in Hongdae
Looking to hang in Hongdae? One of the best Italian restaurants that you can visit here is The Grid, which delights with their satisfying set menu selections. For pastas, you can choose between their White Cream Pasta or Seafood Rose Pasta.
- Price range: ₩19,000-34,000 (good for 2 people)
- Address: 2F, 404-8, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul
- Hours: Tuesday-Sunday at 11am-10pm
3. Isola by the Han River
If you want to enjoy lunch or dinner in an Italian restaurant in Seoul with a view, then you’d have to consider Isola. This is a nice dining spot for families, friends, and couples who are looking to enjoy quality time, great atmosphere, and delicious food. Isola has a lot of pasta dishes that you can select from, including Spaghetti alle Vongole, Fettuccine alla Bolognese, Lasagna, and Risotto. You may find the menu items here to be more expensive, but that’s because you get to have a satisfying meal on the Han River!
- Price range: ₩30,000-35,000 or $26.5-30
- Address: 2085-14 Olympic-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Hours: Lunch at 11:30am-2:30pm and Dinner at 5:30pm-8:30pm
4. JP Chef Diary
Another notable Italian restaurant in Gangnam is JP Chef Diary. I love this place for its pasta, but it’s the ambience of the space that really blew me away! Check out this 1-minute video to see what I’m talking about:
As you can see, JP Chef Diary is a very ideal date place in Seoul, so if you’re looking for one, definitely consider this option. For their pasta, you can choose to have a tomato, cream, or oil-based dish, which you’ll get to enjoy with salad, bread, and coffee or tea.
- Address: 30, Hakdong-ro 3-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (near Sinsa station)
- Hours: 11:30am-1am