Top Picks: Italian Restaurants in Seoul
When you’re thinking about having pasta for lunch or dinner, there are various options in Seoul that will impress! Whether you’re craving for a simple, clean, and authentic pasta dish or a Korean-Italian mash-up plate (spicy!), you can visit any of the following Italian restaurants in Seoul. They can all be booked on WAUG, which means that you get to dine at a discount! (New users get extra ₩3,000 or $3 off first booking 🥳)
1. Grand Ciel in Gangnam
Let’s start with a well-loved restaurant in Gangnam: Grand Ciel. This is a low-key neighborhood Italian dining spot that’s run by celebrity Chef Lee Song-Hee. Regulars love three items on the menu: the Mushroom Cream Risotto, Anchovy Oil Pasta, and Chateaubriand Steak. Between the two best-selling pastas, I will have to go with — and I’m making a very tough choice here! — the risotto. I’ve tried a lot of risotto dishes in Seoul, but this is by far the best in terms of consistency, presentation, and taste. Grand Ciel is definitely the perfect place to treat yourself or take someone on a date!
- Price range on WAUG: ₩20,900-21,900 or $19-20 for the pasta (vs. regular price of ₩22,000-22,500 or $20-21)
- Address: 16-6, Dosan-daero 45-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea (near Gangnam-gu Office Subway Station)
- Hours: Monday-Saturday at 11am-11pm and Sundays at 11am-10pm
2. The Grid in Hongdae
Looking to hang in Hongdae? One of the best Italian restaurants that you can visit here is The Grid, which delights with their satisfying set menu selections. For pastas, you can choose between their White Cream Pasta (available during lunch) or Seafood Rose Pasta (for dinner). Whichever you pick, you’ll get it as a 2-person set, which consists of homemade bread, ade, and either pizza or beef platter.
- Price range on WAUG: ₩19,000-34,000 (good for 2 people)
- Address: 2F, 404-8, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul
- Hours: Tuesday-Sunday at 11am-10pm
3. Isola by the Han River
If you want to enjoy lunch or dinner in an Italian restaurant in Seoul with a view, then you’d have to consider Isola. This is a nice dining spot for families, friends, and couples who are looking to enjoy quality time, great atmosphere, and delicious food. Isola has a lot of pasta dishes that you can select from, including Spaghetti alle Vongole, Fettuccine alla Bolognese, Lasagna, and Risotto. You may find the menu items here to be more expensive, but that’s because you get to have a satisfying meal on the Han River!
- Price range on WAUG: ₩27,000-31,500 or $23-27.5 (vs. regular price of ₩30,000-35,000 or $26.5-30)
- Address: 2085-14 Olympic-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Hours: Lunch at 11:30am-2:30pm and Dinner at 5:30pm-8:30pm
Also read: MUST-TRY: Buffet Restaurant by the Han River
4. JP Chef Diary
Another notable Italian restaurant in Gangnam is JP Chef Diary. I love this place for its pasta, but it’s the ambience of the space that really blew me away! Check out this 1-minute video to see what I’m talking about:
As you can see, JP Chef Diary is a very ideal date place in Seoul, so if you’re looking for one, definitely consider this option. For their pasta, you can choose to have a tomato, cream, or oil-based dish, which you’ll get to enjoy with salad, bread, and coffee or tea.
- Price on WAUG: ₩32,400 or $28 (vs. regular price of ₩36,000 or $31.5)
- Address: 30, Hakdong-ro 3-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (near Sinsa station)
- Hours: 11:30am-1am
5. Vincero Pasta e Pizza in Hongdae
Tasty, affordable, and no-fuss. This is what Vincero Italian restaurant in Hongdae is all about. While the dining space and pasta dishes here are not as sophisticated as what the other restaurants on this list offer, I still enjoyed their food. I like the Seafood Cream Risotto the most, but their Shrimp Rose Cream Pasta and Vincero Seafood Pasta are quite tasty too. Before you go drinking in the district, you can visit this restaurant, which is just a few meters away from Hongik Univ. Station exits 8 and 9.
- Price on WAUG: ₩10,800-12,800
- Address: Hongik-ro 6-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul (near Hongik Univ. Station)
- Hours: 11:30am-10pm
How to Book Italian Restaurants in Seoul Online
If you’re unfamiliar with booking restaurants online, just follow these 5 simple steps:
- Log in or sign up for WAUG here. (New members get a $3 or ₩3,000 discount coupon! 🎉)
- Select your preferred Italian restaurant.
- Select the date and provide other participant information.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX. (Is your method-of-payment issued in South Korea? Switch the page’s currency to KRW to see other payment options, like mobile payment and Naver Pay.)
- Wait for your voucher/s that we’ll send through the WAUG app, which you can download by clicking below: