The Heirs (also known as Inheritors) is a K-Drama series that stars Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye, Kim Woo Bin, and Choi Jin Hyuk. The show is available on Netflix in select countries.
- Thinking if you should watch The Heirs on Netflix? We’ve got some social reviews down below!
- This star-studded K-Drama tells the story of young Korean inheritors who have to choose between wealth, fame, and love.
- The series’ main characters are Kim Tan and Cha Eun Sang, who find themselves in a Cinderella-like love story — except there’s another prince who complicates things!
- The Heirs was filmed in Seoul and Los Angeles. If you get inspired to travel to these cities after watching the show, consider booking these experiences on WAUG — the No. 1 activity booking app from South Korea.
What’s the K-Drama ‘The Heirs’ about?
Inheritors or The Heirs (상속자들) is an SBS high school K-Drama series that stars Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye, Kim Woo Bin, and Choi Jin Hyuk, who play the roles of Kim Tan, Cha Eun Sang, Choi Yeong Do, and Kim Won, respectively. The K-Drama’s first episode aired in October 2013 and has 20 episodes in total. Here is the synopsis of The Heirs or Inheritors as extracted from the Korean drama’s Netflix official page:
After a chance encounter in LA, two teens from different social backgrounds reunite at an exclusive high school attended by Korea’s über rich.The Heirs synopsis
What did some of the viewers think about The Heirs? Take a look at some of the helpful reviews that we have found on Twitter (minor revisions were made):
Injust started It’s Okay to Not Be Okay on Netflix! Its super weird but also really cool. The episodes air every week though right now 🙁 Love Alarm and The Heirs are AMAZING— 🐰Anna says PREORDER RAYBEARER (@sconesandtomes) June 30, 2020
Sharing the full twitter exchange between @NunuKz and @sconesandtomes for context:
@NunuKz: I’m watching “Strong Woman Do Bong-soon”, and I’m enjoying this so much. What K-Dramas have you been enjoying or would recommend? Bonus points if I can find it on Netflix.
@sconesandtomes: I just started “It’s Okay Not to Be Okay” on Netflix! It’s super weird but also really cool. The episodes air every week right now though. 🙁 “Love Alarm” and “The Heirs” are AMAZING.
@NunuKz: OMG, yes! That one is on my list. Thank you for the recommendations. I’m going to look them up now!
@sconesandtomes: And they’re all on Netflix! “A Gentleman’s Dignity” is hilarious, but I don’t think it’s still on Netflix.
THE HEIRS WILL FOREVER BE MY FAV KDRAMA 😫😭✊— jjang 🦋 | LOOKING FOR MUTUALS (@lisaaazi) June 28, 2020
Twitter user @lisaaazi said this about the series: The Heirs will forever be my favorite K-Drama.
✩The Heirs✩— angela🌈 | looking for mutuals!! (@marvelousj0y) June 29, 2020
this was one of the first kdramas i watched, i started watching it again and some parts are reeeally cringey but i still love it so much hahshsha also park shin hye and lee min ho look so good together pic.twitter.com/SBqed1Xn8w
@marvelousj0y on Twitter had to say this about the show: The Heirs. This was one of the first K-Dramas that I watched. I started watching it again; some parts are really cringy, but I still love it so much. Also, Park Shin-Hye and Lee Min-ho look so good together.
Now for the not-so-positive feedback:
the heirs was overhyped— ً (@hognsik) June 24, 2020
Twitter user @hognsik ran a poll with the statement “‘The Heirs’ was overhyped.” More than 2,100 voted, and the results are as follows: 78.9% Agree and 21.1% Disagree.
5. The Heirs— cess ; iotnbo tweets (@saranghaeul) June 22, 2020
– another drama w a cliché plot but i also still enjoyed it 😭✌🏻
– both male leads obviously failed the “show her u like her instead of being an asshole” challenge
– this drama called me poor
– ngl the cast got me through the drama bc of their visuals 😭 pic.twitter.com/n2ZZqJZSjU
5. “The Heirs”
- Another drama with a cliché plot, but I also still enjoyed it.
- Both male leads obviously failed the “show-her-you-like-her-instead-of-being-an-asshole” challenge.
- This drama called me poor.
- Not gonna lie — the cast got me through the drama because of their visuals.
The Heirs, I really enjoyed every episode of it. I can’t bear to watch it now, it is too cringey and definitely the plot is terrible.— 🏹💗 (@andwerunx) June 30, 2020
Twitter user @kdramascenes posted this tweet: Rewatching old K-Dramas but can’t enjoy them like you did when you were younger because now you know better, and you can point out every little problematic thing about it.
To which user @andwerunx replied: The Heirs — I really enjoyed every episode of it. I can’t bear to watch it now. It is too cringy and definitely the plot is terrible.
Get to Know the Cast of ‘The Heirs’
Let’s take a look at the actors who star in the series! (Their common ground is the fictional Jeguk High School, which has an interesting four-tier ‘social structure’.)
1. Lee Min Ho as Kim Tan
Heir to Jeguk group who was exiled in the US. Good in surfing. 100% poetic. Loves his brother.
2. Park Shin Hye as Cha Eun Sang
Student-in-need who flew to L.A. to reunite with her sister. Hardworking. Not the type to compromise.
3. Kim Woo Bin as Choi Yeong Do
Heir to Zeus Hotel. Always puts on his tough stance. Step-brother to Rachel.
4. Kim Ji Won as Yu Rachel
Heir to RS International. Not very fond of Cha Eun-sang. Step-sister to Choi Yeong-do.
5. Krystal Jung as Lee Bo-na
Heir to Mega Entertainment. Very fond of her boyfriend.
6. Park Hyung Sik as Jo Myung Soo
Son of a prominent lawyer. Fun-loving. Spontaneous.
7. Kang Ha Neul as Lee Hyo Sin
Son of a prosecutor. Everyone’s big brother. Loves studying at home.
8. Kang Min Hyuk as Yoon Chan Young
Son of the Chief Secretary of Jeguk Group. Smart. Shoulder to cry on.
9. Jeon Soo Jin as Kang Ye Sol
Daughter of a family who “owns a bottled water company”.
‘The Heirs’ Filming Locations
The Korean drama ‘The Heirs’ shot in South Korea and the US, particularly in California. If you get inspired to travel to these countries, here are some activities and experiences that you may book on WAUG:
- [Incheon] Yeonan Pier Fishing Boat Experience
- [Seoul] Hanbok & Wedding Cafe
- [Jeju Island] Jeju Island Bus Tour
- [Los Angeles] Long Beach: Aquarium of the Pacific
- [San Francisco] San Francisco Explorer
Is ‘The Heirs’ on Netflix?
Yes, it is (and it may come in the title Inheritors)! But remember that availability of content changes depending on region, so The Heirs may not be viewable in your area.
‘The Heirs’ OST & Episode Highlights
Before watching ‘The Heirs’ in full, get a feel of the K-Drama by watching these clips!
‘The Heirs’ OST
The ballad is called Love Hurts in English and is sung by Lee Min Ho himself
The Heirs EP. 1 Sneak Peek
The Heirs EP. 2 Sneak Peek
The Heirs EP. 3 Sneak Peek
The Heirs EP. 4 Sneak Peek
The Heirs EP. 5 Sneak Peek
The Heirs EP. 16 and 17 Sneak Peek
The Heirs EP. 20 Sneak Peek
Before you go
Check out our feature of another Korean actor here: 15 Things Lee Je Hoon Fans Should Know