Known as one of the best local Korean BBQ chains, Samgyupsalamat will satisfy your craving.
- Samgyupsalamat is a restaurant chain in Metro Manila that serves unlimited Korean BBQ since 2012.
- Their main menu includes ready-to-grill meats and assorted side dishes.
- Samgyupsalamat’s price for their unlimited set is ₱499 or $9.3.
- If you want to know what it’s like to eat Korean BBQ in Seoul, check out this famous grill near Itaewon!
Explore more: Buffet Restaurants in Cebu That are Worth the Splurge!
UPDATE as of June 18, 2020
Samgyupsalamat announced their reopening! Some things to remember if you’ll visit:
1. Wear a mask.
2. You’ll be refused entry if you exhibit flu-like symptoms or if your temperature is at least 37.5°C.
3. You’ll need to fill out a health declaration form.
4. Up to 2 people are allowed per table.
5. Wash your hands and use the sanitizer.
Get the link to the full post here.
You’ve probably been hearing this restaurant’s name for quite a while now, so let’s start by talking about it. Samgyupsalamat is a combination of two words: samgyeopsal, which means grilled pork belly in Korea (삼겹살), and salamat, which means ‘thank you’ in the Philippines. Joined together, it translates to thank you for eating Samgyeopsal.
But perhaps, like me, you’ll feel more grateful to this Korean BBQ grill after dining in one of their branches. Here’s why:
This Korean BBQ chain will treat you to an exciting selection of meats that are seasoned to suit the average Filipino’s taste. Here’s a rundown of what you can get:
1. Unlimited 1: Pork Only
- Daepae Samgyeopsal or sliced fresh pork belly
- Buljib Samgyeopsal or herbed pork belly
- Yangnyum Daepae Samgyeopsal or sliced pork belly with seasoning sauce
- Gochujang Samgyeopsal or sliced pork belly with sweet and spicy sauce
- Yangnyum Moksal or pork neck bone steak with sweet seasoning sauce
2. Unlimited 2: Pork + Beef
- Beef Samgyeopsal or sliced beef short plate
- Yangnyum Beef Samgyeopsal or sliced beef short plate with seasoning sauce
- Beef Bulgogi or Korean BBQ beef in sweet soy sauce
- Gochujang Beef Samgyeopsal or sliced beef short plate with sweet & spicy sauce
- Salsa Beef or beef with sweet-style Filipino sauce
Of course, if you’re looking for other items besides meat, you can also add the following to your order (not part of the set):
- Korean Noodles with Egg (₱120)
- Korean Noodles with Rice Cake and Egg (₱150)
- Rolled Fried Egg with Vegetables (₱180)
- Korean Noodles with Rice Cake and Sweet and Spicy Sauce (₱200)
If you’re getting the unlimited set, look forward to the following side dishes that will complete your Samgyupsalamat Korean BBQ experience: unlimited rice, marble potatoes, steamed egg, fish cakes, kimchi, broth soup, pickled radish, and more.
Samgyupsalamat also offers unlimited cheese fondue, so expect a very delightful dining experience!
Got WAUG yet?
Download the No. 1 activity booking app from South Korea. Start exploring restaurants and things-to-do in the Philippines or overseas!
Samgyupsalamat’s unlimited sets come at a very affordable rates! We recommend ordering their Unlimited 2 set (pork + beef) so you can get the ultimate grill experience.
- Unlimited 1: ₱399-449 (or $7.4-8.3)
- Unlimited 2: ₱449-499 (or $8.3-9.3)
Kids 3 ft and below get to eat for free, while kids up to 4ft get 50% off.
How to Make the Most Out of Your Visit
Upon entry, you’ll be asked which two meats you’d like to try first. To make life easier, start with P1 and B1, until you reach P5 and B5. Go easy, don’t get them all at once (well, you can’t actually). Also, there’s no time limit, so help yourself with all the Korean meat that you want to eat!
Don’t have much time to eat out but still want to have samgyeopsal for lunch or merienda? Check out Samgyupsalamat’s special a la carte offering here.
Here’s the unofficial listing of Samgyupsalamat’s branches:
- Samgyupsalamat Marikina Ordoñez Branch
- Address: 74 General Ordoñez St., Marikina City (beside Puregold)
- Samgyupsalamat Fairview Branch
- Address: 3/F Central Garden, Ayala Malls Fairview Terraces, Quirino Highway, Novaliches
- Samgyupsalamat Makati Cinema Square Branch
- Address: Makati Square, Chino Roces Ave, Legazpi Village, Makati, Metro Manila
- Samgyupsalamat Cebu Branch
- Address: M20 The Ridges Commercial Center, F. Cabahug St, Cebu City, 6000
- Samgyupsalamat Bicutan Branch
- Address: PTC Building, 24 Argentina St, cor Doña Soledad Ave, Parañaque, 1711 Metro Manila
- Samgyupsalamat Pasay Branch
- Address: A5-A6 G/F, 101 Newport Boulevard Tower, Newport City, Pasay
- Samgyupsalamat San Juan at P. Guevara Branch
- Address: 1500 Metro Manila, San Juan, 2nd floor Metro Pointe Center P Guevarra Street Corner N Averilla Street
- Samgyupsalamat Binondo at Lucky Chinatown Branch
- Address: Lucky Chinatown Annex B, Calle Felipe II corner La Chambre St., Brgy. 293, Zone 28
- Samgyupsalamat Malate: LaSalle Kapitan Tikong Branch
- Address: 911 Kapitan Tikong St. Malate, Manila
- Samgyupsalamat Malate: LaSalle Leon Guinto Branch
- Address: Leon Guinto St. Cor. Estrada St. Malate, Manila
- Samgyupsalamat Malate: Mabini St. Branch
- Address: Mabini St. Cor. Padre Faura St. Malate, Manila
- Samgyupsalamat UST España Branch
- Address: 814 Earnshaw St. Sampaloc, Manila
- Samgyupsalamat UST Fuse Box Branch
- Address: Unit 2G & 2H, Fusebox Building, 1254-1258, Asturias St., Zone 046, Barangay 47, District 46, Sampaloc, Manila
- Samgyupsalamat Ateneo Katipunan Branch
- Address: 299 Katipunan Ave., Quezon City
- Samgyupsalamat Banawe Branch
- Address: 2/F BLC (Banawe Lifestyle Center), 86 Banawe St, Quezon City, 1114
- Samgyupsalamat Maginhawa Branch
- Address: 99 Maginhawa St., Quezon City
- Samgyupsalamat Jupiter Branch
- Address: 1209, 124 Jupiter, Makati, 1209 Metro Manila
- Samgyupsalamat Makati: Metropolitan Branch
- Address: 2589 Metropolitan Ave. Makati, Behind Kingwood Condominium
- Samgyupsalamat Century City Mall Branch
- Address: 3/F Century City Mall, Kalayaan Ave. Cor. Salamanca St., Barangay Poblacion, Makati 1210
- Samgyupsalamat UPAD Branch
- Address: P. Ocampo St. 2nd Floor, University Pad Residences
- Samgyupsalamat BF Homes – Aguirre Branch
- Address: 235 Aguirre Ave., C&C Building BF Homes, Paranaque
- Samgyupsalamat Tagaytay – Zoori Branch
- Address: 65 Barrio Neogan, Tagaytay
- Samgyupsalamat Katipunan – Regis Center Branch
- Address: 327 Katipunan Ave., Loyola Heights, Quezon City
- Samgyupsalamat Cocoon Hotel Branch
- Address: 2/F, Cocoon Hotel, Scout Rallos St., cor Scout Tobias., Brgy. Laging Handa, Diliman, Quezon City
- Samgyupsalamat San Juan, Pasig Branch
- Address: Metro Pointe Center, P. Guevarra St., corner N. Averilla St., San Juan, Pasig
- Samgyupsalamat Ayala South Park Mall Branch
- Address: National Road., Brgy. Alabang, Muntinlupa
- Samgyupsalamat Sta.Maria, Bulacan Branch
- Address: 0383 NR (Door 5) By-Pass Rd Sta.Clara, Sta. Maria, Bulacan
- Samgyupsalamat Don Antonio, Quezon City Branch
- Address: 54 Don Antonio Heights, Holy Spirit Drive, Quezon City
- Samgyupsalamat CCP, Pasay Branch
- Address: 3001 Roxas Blvd, Pasay City, Manila (Beside Hotel Jen)
- Samgyupsalamat BGC Branch
- Address: Unit 2-2, The Forum Building, 7th Ave, BGC, Taguig
- Samgyupsalamat Robinsons Galleria, Ortigas Branch
- Address: Level 3, Upper Veranda, Robinsons Galleria, EDSA corner Ortigas Ave, Ortigas Center, Quezon City
- Samgyupsalamat Congressional Ave. Branch
- Address: Lots 13 & 14, Blk 6, Congressional Ave, Brgy. Bahay-Toro, Project 8, Tandang Sora, Quezon City
- Samgyupsalamat BF Homes – Metrostar Mall Branch
- Address: Ground Floor, Metrostar Mall, Aguirre Ave, BF Homes, Paranaque City
- Samgyupsalamat ASEANA 3 Branch
- Address: ASEANA Building 3, Macapagal Ave cor ASEANA Ave, Paranaque City
- Samgyupsalamat TV5, Mandaluyong Branch
- Address: TV5 Media Center, Reliance St., Mandaluyong City
- Samgyupsalamat Salem Complex Branch
- Address: Unit 12 Building, Salem Complex, Domestic Road, BRGY 191, Pasay City
- Samgyupsalamat Alabang Town Center Branch
- Address: Cinema Building, Alabang Town Center, Alabang-Zapote Road, Muntinlupa
- Samgyupsalamat San Fernando, Pampanga
- Address: KM70 MacArthur Highway corner, Gracelane Road, San Agustin, City of San Fernando, Pampanga
The locations are usually open from 11am-2am, but business hours of in-mall locations may vary.
Before You Go!
If you have not yet, sign up here to get your welcome discount coupon from WAUG! Use it in the Philippines or when you travel to Seoul, Tokyo, Taipei, and more cities in the future!
To get updates from Samgyupsalamat, click here to go to their Facebook page.