Want to see the quaint French village at Petite France in Gapyeong? Book your tickets at a discounted price here! 🎉
- Tucked in the countryside around 2.5 hours away from Seoul is a popular French cultural village called Petite France.
- Foreign tourists usually visit to relive the scenes from the K-drama My Love from the Star, while local visitors — usually couples and families — enjoy the drastic change of sceneries and dreamy photo zones.
- Tickets for Petite France cost ₩10,000 or $8.6 each, but you can book on WAUG here for only ₩8,000 or $7.2!
Explore more: You’ll Love This Nami Island & Petite France Day Tour
What’s in Petite France?
Talk to travelers about Nami Island, arguably the most popular attraction in Gapyeong, and you’ll most likely hear about the nearby Petite France. The French cultural attraction is inspired by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s The Little Prince and is known for its quaint European village, cafe with a panoramic countryside view, and entertaining exhibits. If you’re coming from Seoul, you’ll be amazed by the drastic difference in atmosphere. You’ll definitely feel like you’re traveling outside South Korea, which is also why many locals love to visit.
Here are of the things that you can expect on your visit:
1. Marionette Performance
The first thing that you’ll see as you enter Petite France in Korea is the mini-dome where marionette performances are held. Here, cute marionettes are at the center-stage, and everyone — kids especially! — are invited to interact with them during the show. At the end of each performance (held multiple times a day), you can take a photo with the adorable puppets to commemorate your visit!
2. French village
In case you’re wondering, the colorful old town houses in Petite France are actually accessible and are not just for display! You can enter most of them (except for the inn or accommodation!), and you can expect to see various exhibits. Don’t miss the abode that’s dedicated to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, the celebrated author of The Little Prince!
3. Cute Photo Zones!
Every corner of Petite France is Instagrammable, so expect to have a great time taking your photos! You’ll find zones that feature The Little Prince, rabbits (yes, they have animals inside!), and even a French cafe. They also have a bell tower where you can wish for your love!
How much are Petite France tickets?
If purchased on site, admission tickets cost ₩10,000 or $8.6, but you can book below for just ₩8,000 or $7.2!
How to Book Petite France Tickets on WAUG
- Log in or sign up for a WAUG account here. (New users get a ₩3,000 or $3 discount coupon after signing up!)
- Proceed to the booking page of Gapyeong Petite France here.
- Select the date, option, and quantity.
- Check out using your debit/credit card, mobile payment, or Toss.
- Wait for your voucher on Kakao.
Petite France: Address & Hours
Petite France (쁘띠프랑스) is located in 1063 Hoban-ro, Oeseo-myeon, Gapyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do. They are open everyday from 9am-6pm, with last admission at 5pm.)
Featured images from Korea Tourism Organization.