- GOTO Fitness is a leading health club chain in Korea that’s been operating for more than 10 years.
- They have more than 50 gyms in Seoul, Gyeonggi, and Busan, which you can all visit with just one Free Pass.
- Membership options include 1, 3, 6, and 12 months and typically range from ₩124,000-1,089,000 (or $106-930). However, you can book on WAUG here for much less at a range of ₩100,000-330,000 (or $88-290)!
- WAUG (와그) is the No. 1 booking platform from Korea that you can use to book your trip, meal, and lifestyle activities at a discount. If you’re not a member yet, download the app here, sign up, and get ₩3,000 or $3 off your first booking!
Explore more: 3 Best Gyms in Seoul For Expats in Korea
🔔 ANNOUNCEMENTS 🔔
1. UPDATE as of January 18, 2021
In line with the government guidelines on social distancing, all GOTO Fitness branches are now open. Free weights, machines, and equipment are now available for use, except for GX classes and the shower room. Guests are advised to wear a mask during their visit.
2. 2021 FITNESS DEAL
Get a 3-month GOTO Fitness Free Pass on WAUG for only ₩132,000 (vs. regular price of ₩390,000)!
Activate your membership anytime within 60 days after booking, and enjoy all the user benefits, including free sportswear rental and unlimited access to over 50+ branches nationwide!
Book here today and start your fitness journey!
Where to Work Out in Korea: Best Gym in Seoul, Busan, & Gyeonggi-do
If you’re a foreign resident who’s in search for a budget-friendly gym, or a short-term traveler who needs a workout space for just a couple of months, then consider GOTO Fitness. They’re an established gym chain in South Korea that offers premium amenities, exciting classes, and friendly service to their members. They have branches in Seoul, Gyeonggi-do, and Busan, including locations in Sinchon, Myeongdong, Cheongdam, Gangnam, Yongsan, Bucheon, Gimpo, Busanjin, and more.
Have a look at the amenities and programs that GOTO Fitness has:
1. Top-of-the-line HOIST machines
GOTO Fitness uses HOIST equipment for safe and effective workouts in their gyms. Whether you’re a newbie in exercising, an avid athlete, or anywhere in between, you’ll love the ergonomically-designed HOIST line that will help you target your chest, back, arms, shoulders, lower body, and core. GOTO is also equipped with free weights and open spaces for personal training so you can achieve all your fitness goals!
2. Next-level G.X.
Looking to get fit without machines and weights? Join the regular Group Exercises or G.X. at GOTO Fitness! They offer various classes, including Zumba, Taebo, yoga, pilates, dance, and trampoline exercises. This is perfect when you want to sweat, switch up your routine, and make some gym buddies!
3. Healing Zone
For those days when you’re feeling too tired to exercise, just enter the Healing Zone in your GOTO Fitness Branch. Here, they have a Far Infrared Half Body Bath Sauna, which is designed to help improve blood circulation, eliminate body waste, and increase metabolism. Definitely a relaxing activity that you’ll enjoy when you’re feeling burnt out!
4. Home Training Program
Aside from the on-site workout space, GOTO Fitness members also get access to an expansive selection of home training and workout videos. This gives you the convenience to work out anywhere whenever you’d like. (Very ideal for those days when it’s just best to stay home!)
GOTO Fitness Gym Membership Rates
On average, the good gyms in Korea have a membership fee of ₩60,000 or $50 per month (and some may even consider it cheap). As a premium gym, GOTO Fitness actually charges more than the average, but, with WAUG, you’ll be able to sign up for less! Here’s our offer (rates may change without notice):
|GOTO FITNESS |
|REGULAR FEE||RATES ON WAUG|
If you’re only somewhat thinking about working out, then I’d recommend getting the 1-month or 3-month gym membership first just to try it out. In any case, here’s what’s included when you book a Free Pass for GOTO Fitness Gym in Korea:
- Free Pass for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months that you can use to visit other GOTO Fitness Branches
- G.X. Program (Group Exercise)
- Online Home Training Program
- Healing Zone Usage
- Sportswear rental worth ₩66,000 per year (offered exclusively on WAUG!)
- Locker and shower room access (with towels)
- Activate your membership within 60 days after booking. (During temporary closure due to COVID-19 social distancing guidelines, membership is automatically extended.)
How to Book GOTO Fitness Gym in Korea
If you’re unfamiliar with booking online, here are the 5 simple steps to get a GOTO Fitness Free Pass:
- Log in or sign up for WAUG here. (New users get an extra $3 or ₩3,000 discount! 🎉)
- Click here to go to the booking page of GOTO Fitness.
- Select the date and provide other participant information.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX.
- Wait for your voucher/s that we’ll send through the WAUG app, which you can download below.
Is your method-of-payment issued in South Korea? You can switch the page’s currency to KRW to activate the local card processor and see other payment options!
GOTO Fitness Locations in Korea
Here are the branches that you can access when you book your Free Pass on WAUG:
1. Gyms in Seoul
- Bangbae-dong (고투 방배점)
- Banghwa-dong (고투 방화점)
- Boramae (고투 보라매점 스마트케어)
- Cheongdam (고투 청담점)
- City Hall (고투 시청점 near Myeongdong)
- Duncheon-dong (고투 둔촌점)
- Eungam-dong (고투 응암점)
- Gangnam Station (고투 강남역점)
- Geumcheon-gu Office (고투 금천구청점)
- Gongdeok (고투 공덕점)
- Gayang-dong (고투 가양점)
- Guro Digital Complex (고투 구로디지털점)
- Guro-gu (고투 구로점)
- Hwagok-dong (고투 화곡점)
- Mullae-dong (고투 문래점)
- Myeongil (고투 명일점)
- Myeonmok (고투 면목점)
- Nonhyeon-dong (고투 논현점 스포츠바)
- Nowon-gu (고투 노원점)
- Sangam Sports Bar (상암점 스포츠바)
- Seolleung (고투 선릉점)
- Seocho (고투 서초점)
- Sinchon (고투 신촌점)
- Suseo-dong (고투 수서점)
- Seoul National University (고투 서울대점)
- Ujangsan (고투 우장산점)
- Yongsan (고투 용산점)
- Yeouido (고투 여의도점)
To view the most updated list of GOTO Fitness gyms in Seoul, click here. (Note that Jeongneung URBAN and Banpo SUB Smart Gym are special branches that are not covered by the Free Pass.)
2. Gyms in Gyeonggi
- Ansan Jungang (고투 안산중앙점)
- Beomgye (고투 범계점)
- Bucheon Station (고투 부천역점)
- Dongbaek, Yongin (고투 용인동백점 키즈앤패밀리)
- Gimpo (고투 김포점)
- Gwangmyeong-si (고투 광명점)
- Hwajeong (고투 화정점)
- Incheon Nonhyeon (고투 인천논현점)
- Jungdong (고투 중동점)
- Juyeop (고투 주엽점)
- Madu-dong (고투 마두점)
- Migeum Bondang (고투 분당미금점)
- Pyeongchon-dong (고투 평촌점)
- Sinheung Songnam (고투 성남신흥)
- Sohyeon-dong Bundang (고투 분당서현)
- Suji-gu Yongin (고투 용인수지점)
- Tanhyeong-dong (고투 탄현점)
3. Gyms in Busan
Enjoy your workout!
Featured images from GOTO Fitness.